Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New here (kind of) just wanted to say hi!

Hello fellow collectors! I say I am new here, but I created an account in 2012 when I really started to get back into collecting. I don’t remember creating that account, but obviously I did! Either way, I took some time off and just really came back into collecting recently.

I collect baseball RCs, and PSA graded Topps baseball sets from 1952-1969 (doing a poor job at that!), and am toying with the idea of putting together all the Topps baseball sets from 1970-present in ungraded form. I also keep toying with the idea of HOF relics and autos and some Twins autos. Should be enough to keep me busy!

Everything else I have is for trade and sale, but I really enjoy trading. Trading is what I remember fondly from being a child of the 80s, and I still enjoy it today more than I enjoy selling the cards. I will sell some, and just turn around and buy the cards I like.

I enjoy opening packs, even though that is nothing but a loss of money, but I love the thrill of pulling something nice! I also enjoy just talking baseball (especially my Twins) and the hobby in general.

I look forward to having some good conversations and maybe making some trades now that I am back!

Comments

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome (back) @dashcol !!

I have started on the run of Topps sets from 1979-present ungraded. I have 1979-1992 done at the moment. I still can't find a rational reason for it!! They are all in binders and it takes a lot of space, but I will keep going.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• I plan on passing it on to my boys, even though neither of them care about the cards, but my hope is that they would carry on the tradition, pass it on to their kids and so on. See how long we can keep it going! Plus I have some issues with OCD and the constant organizing helps me out with that. Glad to see I found at least one other set collector!

• waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards! There are many threads related to your collecting area on these boards. Happy searching and collecting.

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to click here because you're using the avatar picture of the late Newbiecollector, who's been gone for some time but is still missed by some of us World Coin folks. He collected ship coins. Seeing that familiar old avatar got my attention!

Anyway, hi. I know zilcho about sportscards.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • @lordmarcovan said:
    I had to click here because you're using the avatar picture of the late Newbiecollector, who's been gone for some time but is still missed by some of us World Coin folks. He collected ship coins. Seeing that familiar old avatar got my attention!

I am sorry for the loss of your friend, I use the avatar only because I am in he Navy and it is a reference to that only.

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome! Many great people and resources here.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dashcol said:

@lordmarcovan said:

I am sorry for the loss of your friend, I use the avatar only because I am in he Navy and it is a reference to that only.

It's a good avatar. I think Wayne would approve of you using it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

@dashcol said:
    Hello fellow collectors! I say I am new here, but I created an account in 2012 when I really started to get back into collecting. I don’t remember creating that account, but obviously I did! Either way, I took some time off and just really came back into collecting recently.

I collect baseball RCs, and PSA graded Topps baseball sets from 1952-1969 (doing a poor job at that!), and am toying with the idea of putting together all the Topps baseball sets from 1970-present in ungraded form. I also keep toying with the idea of HOF relics and autos and some Twins autos. Should be enough to keep me busy!

Everything else I have is for trade and sale, but I really enjoy trading. Trading is what I remember fondly from being a child of the 80s, and I still enjoy it today more than I enjoy selling the cards. I will sell some, and just turn around and buy the cards I like.

I enjoy opening packs, even though that is nothing but a loss of money, but I love the thrill of pulling something nice! I also enjoy just talking baseball (especially my Twins) and the hobby in general.

I look forward to having some good conversations and maybe making some trades now that I am back!

Someone say Twins??