Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Help with Identification of this extremely small coin found metal detecting? ASKED, AND ANSWERED!!

CCDAMEEKCCDAMEEK Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
edited December 28, 2018 6:27PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Hello, I am hoping someone might be able to identify this tiny item I believe to be a coin of some sort, that I found metal detecting several years ago.
photo IMG_20181226_080649421_zpsq7d3z36g.jpg

photo IMG_20181226_172638745_zpsa6wi6imw.jpg

I found it in the water of what is called The Bridgewater Channel, which is in Lake Havasu City, Arizona U.S.A. This location is where the original "London Bridge" was moved to and re-built. I believe Chinese laborers were used in doing the work, and also Chinese laborers were used for railroad work just north of this location.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Oh how I LOVE this hobby!

Freedom isn't free, we must protect it. Many Thanks to all those in the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement, past and present, for taking lead in that fight.

Current equipment: Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030.
Pin-ponters: Garrett Propointer AT; Minelab Pro Find 35

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ole coinoscope says it's like a charm token - Qian Long listed in en.numista.com

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's a "coin-like charm" or a "charm with a coin-like inscription", not an actual coin. Genuine cash coins aren't this small, and do not have pictures on the other side.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    CCDAMEEKCCDAMEEK Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

@Namvet69, and @sapyx, Thank You both for responding. Guess it goes in the "other junk jewelry" pile!

Oh how I LOVE this hobby!

Freedom isn't free, we must protect it. Many Thanks to all those in the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement, past and present, for taking lead in that fight.

Current equipment: Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030.
    Pin-ponters: Garrett Propointer AT; Minelab Pro Find 35