Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

ok..we all know jordan is titled (rightfully so) the best to ever play.....who is titled that in foo

lmk,thanks

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.

Comments

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭
    Baseball - Babe Ruth (without question! Not only was he an AWESOME hitter...he also has more complete games and shutouts than Pedro Martinez and was a helluva pitcher!)

Football - Jerry Rice (nuff said)

added sport: Hockey - Wayne Gretzky

• Options
    Football probably Brett Farve or Marshall Faulk. Joe Montana- Knute Rockne- Barry Sanders- Jim Brown. Dang, there are a lot of good football players.

Baseball- I think most everybody would say Babe Ruth. But there's also Mickey Mantle- Joe Dimaggio- Hank Aaron- Pete Rose. and on & on & on.image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    Baseball: Babe Ruth

Football: Joe Montana

Hockey: Wayne Gretzky

Golf: Tiger Woods

Soccer: Pele

Boxing: Sugar Ray Robinson
    CB4
  • Options
    Football: Barry

Baseball: Cobb, Mantle, or Ruth

Hockey: Gordie
    Tradelists
    Now Collecting- Ed Belfour, any RedWings, Brian Griese, Bobby Higginson, Will Clark, U of M players
    Let me Know what you have!
    Bad Trader: Heavyd5424
  • Options
    danandkatdanandkat Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Baseball- Willie Mays
    Football- Jim Brown

Thanks
    Dan & Kat
    SF Giants from the 60's & 70's in PSA6-9. dwdominguez@hotmail.com

"Just when they think they got all the answers, I change the questions."
    -- Roddy Piper
  • Options
    Baseball: Josh Gibson (too bad he never got to play in the majors).

Football: Depends on position. A quarterback is only as good as his receivers. Lineman never get their credit (Lawrence Taylor for example). Jerry Rice is definately up there if not the best.
  • Options
    Forgot about Mays, put him in my baseball listimage
    Tradelists
    Now Collecting- Ed Belfour, any RedWings, Brian Griese, Bobby Higginson, Will Clark, U of M players
    Let me Know what you have!
    Bad Trader: Heavyd5424
  • Options
    Josh Gibson would have put up Ruth numbers. From what is known of him, this guy hit the ball further than anyone who played the game. Would have been one of the greatest.
    CB4
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    it's very hard to compare different eras. yes ruth was great but from some tapes i've seen and stories i've heard mays was the best ALL-AROUND player ever. hitting for avg, hitting for power, speed on defense and on the bases. i've also heard people say before mantles knee injurys he was awesome as well. both were 5 tool players.as for football, for the longest jim browns name has always been mentioned as being the greatest ever. defense i'll say L.T and offense it's hard not to pick rice.
  • Options
    SlipKnot515SlipKnot515 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭
    Ruth in baseball.....simply because, of all the players in history, which have had the ability to become an ace pitcher and a home run king?
    Football: hell, that's a hard one....
    Boxing: Ali
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    well, Im not sure how anyone can not put Babe Ruth, he could hit AND pitch, but for the sake of
    argument how come no one has mentioned perhaps the best hitter of all time...Ted Williams??

As far as football I would take Marino in his prime over Montana in his prime.

JS
  • Options
    T.Williams or Ruth (probably Ruth)
    M.Faulk
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • Options
    Baseball: Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Willie Mays, and Mickey Mantle (my great uncles 1st cousin image )

Football: Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders... (soon Randy Moss will be up there)

Golf: (the best-) Tiger Woods... 2nd- Jack Nicklaus

Hockey: Wayne Gretzky

Boxing: Rocky and Ali

Racing: Dale Earnhardt Sr.
    I collect any D.Masons I dont have

Click here for my website

~~~REF's~~~
    Ask For List

• Options
    Ruth is no longer HR king.
  • Options
    cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    man...aint NOONE said nuthin bout my boy Terry Bradshaw.....he was a great QB i think.......in the top 3 in my opinion image

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • Options
    SlipKnot515SlipKnot515 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭

<< <i>Ruth is no longer HR king. >>

thanks mr. technical.... I was saying back then image
  • Options
    baseball-Ted Williams
    Football-John Unitas
    Hockey-Bobby Orr...if not for knee injuries he would have lt them up for years and played awesome defense
    Boxing-Ali
    ref:samsgirl214,Baird34,sportsguy247,jrccrum,ahares,Chayne2,Hondo
    Taylor28jag,mikefromchester ,sjrpipm,Mars2001,naturlbrntrder,Hitechkoolaid
    Dallas822 ,KFC,Bjork73,joestalin,dirtmonkey,Bobstar,Euphoria18,Injun01,Dewey
    PSASPORTS,Co1lector,pacmanssportscards,Brettnc5,Tmac21,Brave,PunKrocKtrojaN,
    TrFstPtch
  • Options
    I think its too hard to say that one person is the GREAEST. Baseball and Football both have more heros than basketball combined. Basketball was created after those sports (like the NBA) so there arent as many "heros." Dont get me wrong, Michael Jrdan was a great player. But he cant do everything.
    Rest in peace Josh, we'll all miss you
  • Options
    THiToTHiTo Posts: 1,236
    baseball... Ruth
    basketball... Jordan
    football... Montana
    hockey... ?
    soccer... Pele
    golf... Tiger
    boxing... Ali

i agree that it's hard to pinpoint one person to be the "greatest" however some deserve to have that title... i think by being the "greatest" means to be the greatest all-around... for example, Montana couldn't have played safety and Ali lost many bouts before he retired... but, my point is a person has to dominate a sport for years in order to create such a title as "greatest"... i think it's even harder in baseball to compare players because most people dominated the sport in different ways... and i also agree with KOBEcollector about the different eras... different times mean different styles... it would have been interesting to see players like Ruth, Mays, Mantle, DiMaggio, and all the other greats play in todays era just as interesting as it would be to see Bonds, McGwire, Ripken Jr., Gwynn, Jeter, and all todays greats play back in the early 1900's... i think other than boxing and golf, it's hard to narrow down one certain player as the "greatest" since each person does something great in their own way...
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

Basketball- Jordan
    Baseball- Ruth
    Hockey- "The Great One"
    Football- Montana or Rice (partial on this one since I'm a born and raised Niner fan)
    Golf- Tiger Woods
    Futbol- ??

Looking for former University of Arizona NBA RC's in PSA or BGS 9's/GEM MINT grades. Die hard University of Arizona and Bay Area Sports fan.
  • Options
    BAseball- Willie Mays, Ted Williams
    Football - Joe Montana
    Basketball - Jordan
    Hockey - Wayne Gretzky
    Golf - Tiger Woods
    Racing - Richard Petty
    Thanks, Robert.

The Powell's Website

Looking for the following:
    Game Used / Auto's / Vintage:
    Edgar Martinez, Yogi Berra, Johnny Bench,
    Carlton Fisk, Roy Campanella, 1968 Topps,
  • Options
    SkiVermont3SkiVermont3 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭
    baseball - mantle
    football - broadway joe image
  • Options
    Baseball-Babe Ruth
    Football-Jim Brown
    Hockey-Wayne Gretzky
    Basketball-Wilt Chamberlain/Oscar Robertson
    Boxing-Muhammed Ali
    Collect vintage basketball and baseball,graded rookies allsports, Robin Yount,Brewers,Bucks,Packers
    Putting together a set of 61 Fleer Basketball PSA 7 or better.
    Trade references: T,Raf12,Coach Vinny,Iceman,McDee2,Lantz,JSA
  • Options
    BASEBALL - Willie Mays (from what my dad has told me, if the wind didn't blow straight in at candlestick with that open wall in the old days, he would have hit 700 homers... And, he could have easily stolen ATLEAST 600 bases, but always had McCovey behind him, so never needed to...) If you ever saw the Willie Mays Sports Century some of the greatest players EVER said Mays was the BEST

FOOTBALL - Joe Montana was a playoff legend... But, you gotta go with Jim Brown, only played like 8 or 9 seasons, and is like 4th or 5th all time in rushing...

HOCKEY - Wayne Gretzky

BOXING - you'de have to be an idiot not to say Mohummud Ali

Kings in 2005
    Giants in 2006
    49ers in 2006

NOR CAL TO THE MAX
  • Options
    yanyak5yanyak5 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    Baseball-Ted Williams
    Football- Jim brown
    Looking for an 8x10 auto photo of junior celebrating his 100 HR. lmk!
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭
    In soccer, I'd have to say it's Pele'...this guy was plain out amazing! The Babe Ruth of soccer...
  • Options
    Basketball: MJ
    Racing: Dale Earnhardt
    Boxing: Ali
    Baseball: Mays
    Soccer: Pele
    Golf: JACK NICKLAUS (for now)
    Hockey: Gretzky
    Footballl Offense: Jerry Rice (no one dominates records in their position like Rice)
    Football Defense: L.T.

Best Coaches:
    NFL: Lombardi
    NBA: Phil Jackson
    MLB: Joe Torre
    NHL: Scotty Bowman

just my opinions, love to hear some arguements against them...
  • Options
    Baseball -tough one but Babe Ruth
    Football- Walter Payton by far not only was he the best running rb but he was also the best blocking rb
    LOOKING CURRENT CLIPPERS and 99-00 RCS

http://donniebaseball23.tripod.com/
    Wantlist on Site
    REFS Johnscottanthony,injun01, haliguy, FatKat, autobilia,awaltz,coachvinny, raf12,thematrix31,duncangal, Kenny21, and many more