Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 Stadium Club Baseball - How does one determine grading on these?

Got a question, hoping someone might have a simple answer, I'm trying to determine if a stash of 91 stadium club cards are worth getting graded? Trying to figure out if it's a measurement thing or what with them. Anybody know how to determine what PSA is looking for on PSA 10's or 9 of these cards? Thanks much!

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect surface is a big area with these. PSA takes things like gold foil and holograms seriously so the gold foil on these is going to be a place you're going to want to look closely at under magnification. Any chipping, scratches, or otherwise imperfections will probably keep it out of a 10 holder. That's my amateur opinion.

Arthur

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rttrffg2012 said:
    These cards get stuck together too.
    Look for crack, crators on the glossy photo finish

I was trying to think of proper terminology to describe that and craters is perfect.

Arthur

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Regarding centering, you'd probably need to measure the distance from the bottom of the card to the bottom of the foil striping on examples of PSA 10 cards to determine what that distance needs to be. This is going to need to be very exact. But nail that, with flawless foil and 4 sharp corners and I'd imagine you'll hit 2 10's out of every three submitted

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Thanks everyone!..Yea, I had assumed flawless gold stamping, but the centering seems to not be an issue, I checked a few PSA 10's and it was all over the place on them and then sometimes the bands are thicker than others..But I agree, it seems if you have one with good gold lettering, it should be a 10, right now it's about 1 for every 3 cards grade a 10 and over 60% grade either a 9 or 10

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

Pitting

@ReggieCleveland said:

@Rttrffg2012 said:
    These cards get stuck together too.
    Look for crack, crators on the glossy photo finish

I was trying to think of proper terminology to describe that and craters is perfect.

Arthur

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller