Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

YN (9yo) wants to start collecting Indian Head Cents

My 9YO has decided that he wants to collect Indian head cents. He got started with Ikes that he got from the tooth fairy and has been fascinated with my collection. I asked him if he wanted to start his own set and showed him some coins. He likes the indian head cents. My problem is that we don't have a place to find them locally and ebay seems to be my only resort (and not a great one). Can someone suggest a good place to get IHCs via mail order or have bulk IHCs that they may have for sale (cheap) that I can buy or trade for to get him started to see if he really wants to do this? Thanks.

Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019

Comments

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent!

Let's see what we can all do to help a YN!

• ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent

Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would like to help. And when it comes to cheap.... I'm the king.

• calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

pm sent ! more Indians for a YN !!!

Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck and have fun. It's a great starter series !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Pm.sent

• Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Today I received a package addressed to my son, Michael, from Amazon. One of the folks who sent me a PM decided to play Santa and sent to Michael the Red Book Guide Book of Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cents. There was no indication in the packaging from whom it was sent, so I can't address Santa directly, so... whomever it was that was so kind and generous, thank you so very much! Michael loves to read (he's in 4th grade but reads at a high school level) and will be really excited to receive this! You also really touched my heart as well. At year-end, my life is not my own, dealing with unreasonable deadlines and demands at work. I was feeling particularly Grinch-like today and your thoughtfulness, kindness and generosity turned the day around for me... From me and from Michael, thank you, God bless you and Merry Christmas!

Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019

Let's see if we can keep this going!