Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Merry Christmas USPS!

CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
edited December 19, 2018 1:47AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I want to Thank the men and women of the USPS. They take a lot of flak but they do a great job getting our crap delivered QUICK, safely and at a reasonable cost! I really wish Canada Post was as awesome as the USPS! Next time you see the mailman or woman, Thank them for the great job they do!

Merry Christmas Posties!

Comments

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got my mail lady her Christmas card and a gift card ready last night! Can't thank her enough for all her hard work and always with a smile. Publicly I apologize to her for all the extra things she has to deliver to my house throughout the year. She's pretty cute too, so always happy to see here even if she doesn't have any deliveries!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I have had two packages delivered to the wrong mailbox in the last month. Several different carriers.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone that thinks the privatizing of the USPS is the answer to their mail issues really hasn't thought things through on the size and scope of the USPS infrastructure and service provided. There may certainly be some limited scenarios where price and performance could possibly end up as improved, but more than likely, private companies would offer far less delivery options at a much higher price with much more lag time. Home delivery for all but the most populous areas would most likely be scaled back or eliminated altogether, or else get used to the idea of super high turnover of minimum wage ex cons and high school dropouts, being hired by profit motivated companies using lax background checks and drug testing, all having unfettered access to your mailbox and personal items and info. There's a reason that Amazon and UPS and FedEx, and whoever else, at times all use the USPS to be the end of delivery handler of their packages. The USPS just does it better, and far cheaper.