Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

TrueView Imaging at FUN? Anyone know?

labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if and the details of PCGS having TrueView Service at the FUN Show?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Comments

• Options

I’ll be there.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Mr. Arnold the photo guy at PCGS.

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:
    I’ll be there.

Will the TrueViews of our graded coins be uploaded on CoinFacts at the show, or the weekend after?

• Options

They’ll go online after the show. We tried uploading directly from shows this past year, but it tied up all the bandwidth for the rest of our operations.

• Options

@PCGSPhoto said:
    They’ll go online after the show. We tried uploading directly from shows this past year, but it tied up all the bandwidth for the rest of our operations.

What is the raw average megabyte size of a coin photo?

• Options

The sizes varies of course, they seem to range from 6 to 10mb each shot. Each coin has at least 3 images associated with it: the obverse, reverse and the certificate number itself. Of course a lot of the time I take more than these shots (but I may be pressed for time and rush through it), and sometimes I take a lot of shots if a coin is giving me a hard time. It translates to a lot of images taken in a day, especially a day like this past Wednesday here at our Vegas show when I shot 900 coins that day.

• Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Wow! 900 coins shot in 1 day. Bless you!

Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options

@PCGSPhoto said:
    The sizes varies of course, they seem to range from 6 to 10mb each shot. Each coin has at least 3 images associated with it: the obverse, reverse and the certificate number itself. Of course a lot of the time I take more than these shots (but I may be pressed for time and rush through it), and sometimes I take a lot of shots if a coin is giving me a hard time. It translates to a lot of images taken in a day, especially a day like this past Wednesday here at our Vegas show when I shot 900 coins that day.

Wow! Thats makes for VERY robust need for digital storage space. Thanks for the information!

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

@Messydesk is a viable alternative

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Phil, and others. I'll have 8-10 coins for you at the show. It's always cool to have Da Man doing em for me!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file