Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Rich’s Colorful Proof Indian Cents to be sold at Heritage FUN auction

As many of you already know, my set of colorful proof Indian cents will be auctioned by Heritage at the upcoming FUN auction. I started my set ten years ago, with the goal to find the most vibrant color coins without carbon spots. Of particular note is perhaps the most colorful 1864-L proof Indian cent in existence. Most of the other coins in the set are extremely colorful and attractive. Especially noteworthy are the many rare colorful coins within the 1864 thru 1878 period, as well as some fabulous coins in the 1880 thru 1908 period.

The set is #3 on the PCGS registry of “Indian Cents Complete Variety Set, Proof”. The set has an 1894 and 1909 which were not included in the auction, but I will have those coins at the FUN show. The set also includes an 1872 proof with a 180 degree die rotation, currently the only one known to exist, as well as a nicely toned 1869/69 business strike. Please note, of the 63 coins being auctioned, 33 are in Floor session #2 starting Thursday at 1 pm Eastern, the 1864-L is in Platinum Night Thursday at 6 pm Eastern, and 29 coins are in the Internet session starting Sunday at 1 pm Eastern.

To view the coins, go to the Heritage website, scroll down to the 2019 Jan. 9 – 14 FUN U. S. Coins Signature Auction, select Auction Info, then scroll down to Featured Collections, select Rich’s Colorful Proof Indian Cents, and the coins will all be listed in date order.

If you collect colorful proof Indian cents, you will want to check out the coins in this sale. Even if you don’t collect these coins, you might enjoy checking them out.

Thank you!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoyed watching you pick these up "here and there"

You looked like a little kid at Christmas (getting his official Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot air rifle) whenever you added to the set. Best of luck with the sale!

• RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

bump

• claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2018 6:09PM

@Barndog said:
    I enjoyed watching you pick these up "here and there"

You looked like a little kid at Christmas (getting his official Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot air rifle) whenever you added to the set. Best of luck with the sale!

I just cannot resist:

All kidding aside, beautiful coins and bon chance to the bidders!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Thank you for your kind comments!

For the weekend crowd.

Merry Christmas!

Happy New Year! Hope you enjoy looking at the coins.

Sale starts on Thursday at 1 pm Eastern.