Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New British 2oz coin!

A huge thank you to @lordmarcovan !
An awesome gift from a great friend!
My brother got me one last Christmas, too, so I have two of these now. Very cool coins! :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Head start on your 2019-dated coins!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

A new beast! Latest in the series. They are big, fat silver coins. Oh Great Lord Marcovan, be my friend also!

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

How can that be? It’s still 2018! What good is a date if it’s not accurate?

Cool lathe-work in the field behind the Queen.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:

@lordmarcovan said:

How can that be? It’s still 2018! What good is a date if it’s not accurate?

Cool lathe-work in the field behind the Queen.

They release them early, the same thing happened last Christmas with the one my brother gave me, it was an 18 in December of 17... Weird, I know. :neutral:

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

I first noticed that with the Aussie Kookaburra coins. The next year's coins were available in December, if not even a bit earlier.

I don't know why this is, but if I were to guess, I'd say it's so they can be shipped and sold as holiday and New Year's gifts, which would certainly make sense from a marketing standpoint, though not a chronological one.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan That makes sense.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's very nice. I have a few earlier ones and I hope to continue purchasing to complete my set !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow the exergue is mesmerizing. Touche! for the Brits. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall