Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

This coin has no reserve and is only at $1!

Not sure how much you guys know about Auctions or coins like this but this particular coin doesn't have any bids, it's only at $1.

Any idea how much this thing is worth?

Comments

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it your auction? I know you pm blasted a bunch of us your auctions recently. Pretending to not know about coins or how much they are worth is not the best way to sell your coins here, especially if you are a huge established company like you are. Join conversations. Provide info if you know it. People will like you and respect your company more if you go about it that way, I promise.

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi "Bluemoon" how are you?

Ken

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a link?

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

@Fairlaneman said:
    Hi "Bluemoon" how are you?

Ken

Please, do tell more.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2018 7:09PM

This seems very click bait-ey. I could point to thousands of auctions that are at $1 or less with no reserve right now, but won't be that way for long. Besides, what is the context of this post? You didn't even provide a link. Dude...

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options

Hey guys my name is Rich Baran. I'm a 30 year old guy and I don't know that much about coins. I was actually wondering. I'm not looking for anything other than information if someone has some knowledge it would be greatly appreciated. Not very convinced CuKevin and others know anything other than how to be rude? cute.

• Options

Also, there's nothing to "click" so..uh...haha?

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

@coinssince1994 said:
    Hey guys my name is Rich Baran. I'm a 30 year old guy and I don't know that much about coins. I was actually wondering. I'm not looking for anything other than information if someone has some knowledge it would be greatly appreciated. Not very convinced CuKevin and others know anything other than how to be rude? cute.

Hahaha 😂. No really, I’m laughing so hard at this. Does your employer, who obviously knows coins, know you are posting here and tarnishing his business’ reputation? The other members here seem to agree that’s all you’ve accomplished.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options

Yeah well, unlike yourself, I have the balls to give my real name and be honest, genuine. Who are you? Where do you work? How old are you? See, unlike you, I'm just out here being real and trying to learn, make a living. You, are out here simply trolling for some unknown motive...with zero information or credibility other than trash talk. I hope a real coin person gets on here and shares something other than a negative comment. :)

• Options

And there’s still no link.

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinssince1994 said:

What? What is your position with coinssince1994? You posted their auction material before.

I am still curious why you pulled lots from you last auction just hours before it ended.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

Would Still appreciate some information if anyone has any. Or knows someone I can go to?

HERE

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2018 1:24AM

:'( !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options

I'm fine with all of that...but if you look upward, I was completely disrespected to begin with. So telling me I owe respect to people who are being that way doesn't make sense? I respect all of those who do the same to me, I'm a veteran, father and a respectable person...I didn't ask for any entitlement, just information if someone has it. Not a single person, other than yourself made comments other than unhelpful banter. Thank you for your answer, I was trying to get some idea of the true market value, not book listing prices, greysheet or the rest...

• Options

Well your greysheet is a large part of the market, especially in dealer capacity. You can also use coinworld.com

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

@markelman1125 just bought one of these recently didn't he? I think he said it was like $480? I don't know the market for these.

-Yes he did, I had to go back and find the post. https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1008601/iook-what-i-snatched-off-ebay-a-pcgs-xf-45-1804-spiked-chin-half-cent#latest

The one he bought looks nicer than the one offered in your link.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed that all of your posts have been in the Buy-Sell-Trade... you should wander over to the US coins section for information, there's more to this board than just BST.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2018 12:14AM

Looks like a VF 35- XF40 coin. If you look at coin facts auction results you will know

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2018 7:18PM

My wife thinks my first response is kind of crude. And the value is about what competitive bidding brings. Since I don't use icollector. com, I won't be bidding.

• Options

jwitten, not sure your point? I work for a company that sells coins, that doesn't have any relativity to my knowledge about coins like this one? Come on dude?

• Options

So, my point it, since it is your coin, why not post a link to the auction? Be upfront and honest in your postings, and let us know this is your coin for sale.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked some of your companies closed auctions on icollector and it seems to me less than half sell. As a buyer, I prefer absolute auctions otherwise they seem like retail sales in an auction format.

You say this 1804 half cent is 'no reserve' ... do you know what that means?

What is the stuff on the obverse right field on this coin, was it struck over something else?

• Options
    PurfrockPurfrock Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2018 6:50PM

If you're looking for some information about early copper, I'd suggest taking a look at joining EAC (http://eacs.org/). It's a wonderful community that is passionate about this kind of coinage.

You can also learn a lot about the value of a coin studying "prices realized" in auctions like heritage, stacks and bowers, goldberg, and ebay.

Anyway, assuming you're selling this raw and that there are no other issues with the coin that what can be made out from your photos, I wouldn't be surprised if it sold in the $180-220 range. (FYI- I spend all my time and money studying large cents, so my half cent estimate is not as reliable as those that specialize in it.)

EAC, ANA Member
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2018 10:32AM

@davewesen said:
    What is the stuff on the obverse right field on this coin, was it struck over something else?

That is a peculiarity of the 1804 Spiked Chins. I don't know what caused it, but I think it's on all of them. My PCGS VF20 example had it. There's a sort of whorl pattern there. I thought it was a fingerprint when I first saw it, but it's not. It's diagnostic of the variety. Obviously must've been on the dies.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

@jwitten said:
    So, my point it, since it is your coin, why not post a link to the auction? Be upfront and honest in your postings, and let us know this is your coin for sale.

It's not my coin. It's actually a consignment. :dizzy:

thanks for all of the helpful comments :D

• Options

Lol. Not your coin, but your auction. Same point to make... just be upfront and honest with everyone here. If you work for a huge coin company, act like it. You don't want to tarnish the companies name.

• Options

lol

• Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

@coinssince1994 said:
    lol

What a useless comment. This comment, along with many other of yours, makes your company look horrible. If I were to hire you and see what you’ve posted here, I would fire you immediately for being unprofessional. I would rethink your work ethic.

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options

I'm not sure how to respond. Other than to say that I do my best and remain overly tolerant of gross disrespect from a select few, including yourself. You don't even know who I am, so to say something such as that is simply confrontational. Let me know if you would like me to send you a complimentary loupe and coin to your address for the trouble.

Cheers,

Rich

• Options

@jwitten said:
    Rich, you private messaged me about this auction, saying it was yours. Why act like you do not know anything about coins when you have so many for sale? Come on dude, you are hurting your name and the name of the business you work for. Here is his message to me for all to see:

Hello,

Just wanted to share an auction I’m running, if this isn’t received well please ignore. Coins including Gold, Silver and antiques are all starting at $1 and have VERY LOW reserves. We list more items every single day until the start of the Auction on December 14th (Friday).

Happy Holidays,

Rich

https://goo.gl/

Too late. This guy blew his credibility with me in his first post.

Cheers

Bob

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

You must have some idea of the coin's value. On your auction you have an estimated value of $800-$1000.