Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Token, not a coin.

Nice, but not a coin of the realm.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

By recall, Modigliani was an artist at the Rome mint and designed many coins; I never claimed this specimen was a coin if you check the wording.
    Point being, designs now are quite horrible by comparison.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should see the 1911 50th anniversary of the Italian unification coins.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

Ah, yes, one of my favorites that I've not managed to obtain. Beautiful!

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2024 8:01PM

From Italy where they appreciate women:

Italy 20 Centesimi 1921 Flying Lady

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the color on that one!

• Options

Yes, out of my area but saw it at auction - those colors are what the coin actually has. What I like is the intricacy of detail.
    The 20c above that WB shows is a better version of the US Platinum coin of 2-3 years ago.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 1906 frontal face is really well done. Who at the U.S.Mint decides that todays coin designs can't use the classical Greco Roman style. Politicians should not be picking designs. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Early 20th century Italian coins - a number of beautiful classic designs. Here's another.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Italian King from 1900 to 1946, Victor Emmanuel III, was a top notch Numismatist.

He supposedly had over 100,000 coins from the fall of the Roman Empire to the Unification of Italy.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of my favorite world coins are from Italy early 20th century

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder where Vic's collection went? Given it was Italy, gotta be a catalogue in archives on that accomplishment. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    angelo43angelo43 Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

There were several auctions of VEIII coins the provas he commissioned are beautiful

• Options
    angelo43angelo43 Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

Even though this token was considered a token the value has gone up considerably in the last few years and they are in the Italian catalog salong with the other token of the times the rarer are the gold ones of course. The red Cross ones are enameled