Home U.S. Coin Forum

1983 D diferent finish

What makes this color and finish its different

Comments

• DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks pretty normal to me. May have been washed in something. However I will say there are mint confirmed brass plated cents for 1983, maybe 84 and 85, but I don't recall any D mints brass plated.

Doug
  • BenitoBenito Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Adicional photos

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was cooked in a peanut roaster at Brighton Beach on July 9, 1986. Louis Leskowitz accidentally swallowed it with a handful of peanuts and it sat in his insides until expelled into the New York Sanitary Sewer System on July 11. The cent was found at the sewage treatment plant all nice and shiny except for the black spots caused by Louis' duodenal ulcer treatment. The cent was deposited to the Sewer System bank account and it remained in the back of a bank vault until given out in change at the Tavern on the Green restaurant to Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He spent it to pay city tax on a Super Big Gulp drink, from which bank deposit it escaped and found its way to your collection.

:)

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB 🥂 :)

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post mint damage.

One cent in lawful money of the Unites States of America!

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:
    It was cooked in a peanut roaster at Brighton Beach on July 9, 1986. Louis Leskowitz accidentally swallowed it with a handful of peanuts and it sat in his insides until expelled into the New York Sanitary Sewer System on July 11. The cent was found at the sewage treatment plant all nice and shiny except for the black spots caused by Louis' duodenal ulcer treatment. The cent was deposited to the Sewer System bank account and it remained in the back of a bank vault until given out in change at the Tavern on the Green restaurant to Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He spent it to pay city tax on a Super Big Gulp drink, from which bank deposit it escaped and found its way to your collection.

:)

Wow! That is some awesome research ya did there! Can't wait to have ya tell me about a few of my coins. :)

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

[Sometimes --- we get too serious.]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file