Home Q & A Forum
Options

GSA papers???????

Hi , anyone know what coin this would have been paired with?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018 8:04AM

@DontTellTheWife said:
    Hi , anyone know what coin this would have been paired with?

Thanks

I think I have seen that somewhere. GSA packing COA insert has a “serial number” so that maybe a third party insert.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Upper left corner 1891. Gotta be a date reference clue.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Upper left corner 1891. Gotta be a date reference clue.

Right , but it's not your traditional"dated" card.

From a 91 not marked unc????

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DontTellTheWife Found this:

“Each coin was accompanied with a certificate that either had a serial number with the first two numbers being the last two digits of the date of the coin or had no serial number in the case of ‘circulated’ coins. The certificates told about the coins and bore the signature of President Nixon.”

At: https://libertycoinservice.com/wp-content/uploads/learning-center/collecting-morgan-dollars.pdf

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2018 9:06AM

I still have five CC coins that my Dad purchased direct from the GSA in 1972-73 era - no such cards. This is the card sent by GSA:

I suspect the card shown by the OP was made by a private party who was trying to piggyback on the GSA sales with similar packaging and cards.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, that note looks cheezy, without any panache or official markings. Your card from the mint has necessary hallmarks to be a COA. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall