Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What is this on the Registry?

Am I lost, or is this something a seasoned veteran collector should know about?

300 card set registry
x

Comments

• Options
    I'm guessing it's related to Joe Orlando's book. I'm sure some of those cards (like the Honus Wagner which is most likely included) will be darn near impossible to find.
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint
  • Options
    boggsy - As far as I know, this set on the registry represents a publication that is similar to the one being produced by Joe Orlando and PSA. I asked a question previously, that went unanswered, concerning whether the list of cards in Mr. Orlando's book would become a set that would be listed on the registry?

As an aside, does anyone know if the Orlando book is still on schedule for the end of this month?
    "We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards
  • Options
    Boggs,

It's from a book 300 Great Baseball Cards put out by Beckett. Thought it was a diverse and interesting group of cards. I began collecting from this book a about a year ago and thought it would make an interesting set of cards to collect so I listed it on the set registry ... I posted about 60 cards from the set last weekend so they should come up soon .... Jeff
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    Jeff

Cool!image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    Luxury Wines-

Can you tell me what the actual title of the book is? I remember reading something about it in Vintage Beckett recently but now I can't find the blurp I read.

Thanks in advance,

jeremy
    missinglinks

Currently working on:
    *1941 Double Play
    *500 Home Run Rookie Cards

Always Upgrading
    *1954 Dan Dee
    *1959 Fleer Three Stooges
  • Options
    Jeremy,

the Book is called " 300 Great Baseball Cards of the 20th Century" by Mike Payne. Here is a link to the book on Amazon.Com.

300 great BAseball Cards of the 20th Century

ZArdoz Thanks !image

Jeff
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    The concept of the Beckett book is similar to Joe Orlando's new book, but lists baseball cards only. It is my understanding that Orlando's book will cover other sports as well.
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    2 people listed sets they are up ...no pics.
    x