Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My First Coin From China

My first coin bought from China. It's from the Shanghai Mint and was graded in China by PCGS. It's a 2 ounce piece in a thick PCGS holder. Came with the OGP, COA and a very nice zippered pouch. Took less than 3 weeks to get here which seemed pretty quick to me.

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, very nice. I like that design !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice scenes obv and rev on that medal. Is the locale famous for something? A little overkill on the packaging but not important. Why brass and not bronze? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

The packaging reminds me of the American Indian pouches used for packaging by the US Mint back in the 1990's (at least I think it was the 1990's). Whatever happened to the market for those American Indian pouches? I haven't heard them mentioned in years.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

<3 Beautiful serene garden :)