Home U.S. Coin Forum

If you do a PCGS Cert. Verification, how do you find the ebay sale?

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you do a Cert. Verification and it shows an Ebay sale, how can you find that sale?
I searched and could not find it using 'sold/completed' listings.
:smile:
[the Ebay sale was within the last 6 months]
Thanks

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018 2:59PM

Ebay sales will only show for 2-3 months(the length of time ebay keeps it available in their system).

I have also noticed they seem to be very selective of which ebay sales they will show! Most coins that sell above the average on ebay do not seem to show unless you find it on a cert verify. Many do not show on coinfacts!

• RexfordRexford Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    Ebay sales will only show for 2-3 months(the length of time ebay keeps it available in their system).

I have also noticed they seem to be very selective of which ebay sales they will show! Most coins that sell above the average on ebay do not seem to show unless you find it on a cert verify. Many do not show on coinfacts!

As far as I understand it only eBay sales in which the seller has entered the cert number in the appropriate field in the item details will show up. I don't think PCGS has the time to hand-picked auction records. Most of the stuff on the PCGS site is automated, like Coinfacts TrueViews, which are just automatically sorted first by grade, and then by the date the image was added (most recent first), making the term "Coinfacts Plate coin" pretty meaningless.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can refute this because what I am telling you is coins I have sold on ebay not showing up in coin facts and I always enter the cert #!

@Rexford said:

@amwldcoin said:

As far as I understand it only eBay sales in which the seller has entered the cert number in the appropriate field in the item details will show up. I don't think PCGS has the time to hand-picked auction records. Most of the stuff on the PCGS site is automated, like Coinfacts TrueViews, which are just automatically sorted first by grade, and then by the date the image was added (most recent first), making the term "Coinfacts Plate coin" pretty meaningless.

• ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    If you do a Cert. Verification and it shows an Ebay sale, how can you find that sale?
    I searched and could not find it using 'sold/completed' listings.
    :smile:
    [the Ebay sale was within the last 6 months]
    Thanks

If you subscribe to terapeak, you can find any coin that was sold/listed on eBay during the past 12 months

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.. one that I bought using a BIN shows in the cert lookup
    https://www.pcgs.com/cert/34923877

Maybe the certification # has to be in the correct field in the ebay listing to show in the history?

Collector, occasional seller

• ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018 11:53AM

@ChrisH821 said:
    Interesting.. one that I bought using a BIN shows in the cert lookup
    https://www.pcgs.com/cert/34923877

Maybe the certification # has to be in the correct field in the ebay listing to show in the history?

An 8 month old search shows the ebay listing.....odd that PCGS says it sold for $460, but, ebay shows it sold for $480:
    https://ebay.com/itm/-/312091688367?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://ListingsHistory.com goes back to mid 2014

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file