Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Best source for bulk world coins

My grandson has taking interest in world coinage. I'm looking for a place to buy him a couple pounds of bulk coins, key would be variety of countries. Don't want a pound of Mexico mixed in.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lou

lchobbyco
ANA Life-Member

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try your local brick & mortar coin shop. Many shops buy lots of foreign, sort out the silver and toss the rest into a bin they sell by the pound.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jdmernjdmern Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Lou,

Send me a message with you’re mailing address. I’ll send out a few pounds for your grandson.

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Civitas Galleries sells some by the pound.

Great dealer to go with too.

http://www.civitasgalleries.com/cgi/store/commerce.cgi?product=Sets_Lots

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if the same is true in America or elsewhere, but here in Australia, the best and most interesting "world coin mix" I've seen comes from coin dealers based in the country's capital city, Canberra. All those embassies, with foreign nationals and tourists coming to and fro; their coins all wind up in the coin dealer's scratchtray.

So if you're in America, maybe try a coin dealer based in Washington DC?

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

I would suggest that you take him to a local coin show! Some dealer will have bins of stuff for young and old to paw through. And, what part of the country are you in? I might be able to find some one or a show in your area so you could get some more interesting world coins by the pound.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye