Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New ebay offer feature?

Not sure if this is new but it’s the first time I’ve noticed it as an option. I mainly use the app either on my phone or tablet.

When you make an offer on an item you can now set how long its good for. Choices it gave me were 12, 24, & 48 hrs. I like the idea especially for when ebay makes suprise one day coupon codes or rebates available.

Kevin

Comments

• That's weird... I just filled out an offer for a few different items and it didn't give me that option... Where are you seeing this?

DesertIceSports.Com

• I had heard rumblings of this but haven’t seen it in the wild yet. This will be a great feature (perfect for the use you described).

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed a few offers I got were only 12 hours long. I knew something was up, they used to be good for 36 hours

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:
    That's weird... I just filled out an offer for a few different items and it didn't give me that option... Where are you seeing this?

It came up on the review offer screen on the phone app. I just tried to find another item and screen shot it but for whatever reason it won’t let me. I’ll see if I can find one and post it.

Kevin

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen it once and used it. Like mentioned earlier, it's great for the one day ebay discounts.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen it yet but I agree that is really good for when eBay does coupon deals.

Daniel
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is super helpful with EBay bucks and coupon promotions. Thanks for the heads up!

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another new feature?? I went to ask a seller a question and one of the topics was "make an offer".... I have not seen this yet... You can't say they aren't trying to boost sales.

• dmanricodmanrico Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018 8:20AM

@LOTSOS said:

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:
    That's weird... I just filled out an offer for a few different items and it didn't give me that option... Where are you seeing this?

It came up on the review offer screen on the phone app. I just tried to find another item and screen shot it but for whatever reason it won’t let me. I’ll see if I can find one and post it.

This is lame. I wanted to use this feature with the coupon out there right now and it’s not coming up for me. Why would this only be offered to select users? My app is updated.

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a screen grab this time. New 10% coupon is going so figured I'd try again to see if it works.

Kevin

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2018 8:27AM

So, today I was selected {to try a new feature} to send offers to watchers; so this will be interesting to see how this plays out. I sent some with the lowest prices I have ever offered on some particular items. Anyone, do or receive one of these? A screen shot would be great to see

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

@tonylags said:
    So, today I was selected {to try a new feature} to send offers to watchers; so this will be interesting to see how this plays out. I sent some with the lowest prices I have ever offered on some particular items. Anyone, do or receive one of these? A screen shot would be great to see

That would be a helpful option to have. It should help them pull the trigger on a purchase. Nothing more frustrating than having a bunch of watchers, but no bites.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Damn that is a really nice feature to be able to send offers blindly to watchers. Kind of shocked it only took eBay 20 years to think up that one. :smiley:

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Ebay, is smart about it; it's like when checking biding history. it shows S********j for example, so I can't contact the buyer other through this offer feature.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.