Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wrestling autographs - Valentine, Shiek, Hogan, Savage

burghmanburghman Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 27, 2018 12:09PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My Dad traveled a lot and ran into many famous people in airports over the years, getting autographs for me on many occasions. Back in the early 90s he approached Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and The Iron Sheik and got me their autographs below.

In the late 90s, I attempted to reciprocate... after seeing my one and only live show in DC, we stopped by a Hooters in Fairfax, VA because my buddy who had some wrestling connections knew that some of the wrestlers stopped in there after the shows. Sure enough, in walked Hulk Hogan and Macho Man. I got their autographs for my Dad so I know that they are legit, but they certainly don't look like anything that would pass muster compared to some of their samples (Hogan's being closer than Savage's - I can't even tell which side is up with his! :) )...

Any thoughts from the wrestling guys out there about whether they hold any value and if it's worth authenticating / encapsulating any of these? I suspect not but I've been hanging onto them for 25-ish years so figured I'd ask.

Jim

Comments