Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay Trolls

Recently had two purchased cards canceled on me.

One the seller listed for more money after and the other was sold off eBay for more money.

Both sellers admitted that someone contacted them and offer more money.

Should ebay try and block messages after a card is sold or is this just business... sucks lol

Comments

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay said:

One the seller listed for more money after and the other was sold off eBay for more money.

Should ebay try and block messages after a card is sold or is this just business... sucks lol

That is super annoying, sorry to hear it. However, I think your idea of blocking messages would not work, because it would be much too simple of a work-around to just contact the seller about an item still available and then put in the message that you were interested in a completed one.

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2018 10:28AM

@miwlvrn said:

@addicted2ebay said:

That is super annoying, sorry to hear it. However, I think your idea of blocking messages would not work, because it would be much too simple of a work-around to just contact the seller about an item still available and then put in the message that you were interested in a completed one.

Right I hear ya.. maybe if a item/card sells ebay could make it not viewable to the public for 24-48 hours.

Just a thought...

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Do buyers not have the ability to leave a neg after a stunt like this is pulled....?

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

A big problem is that eBay won't treat its business as a binding contract. There is no penalty/consequence for withdrawing a bid, not honoring a bid, or not honoring a sale.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

it really stinks, but in reality, not much you can do.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

When it happened to me, I was so livid that I used every legal recourse possible— and wound up with the card.

When another time a sale was paid for then canceled and the card held hostage for more money, thankfully the collector community came together— and the seller saw the intense negative word of mouth was not at all worth it. The card wound up being sent per the original sale.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2018 8:51AM

@MLBdays said:
    Unfortunately, the end game on Ebay is the honor system...and some isolated folks do not have honor...Until the problem gets rampant Ebay wont step up enforcement for a small, isolated minority...it's not cost effective..but I've got a couple contacts~ friends of ours ~ who can locate anybody you need ...~ trust me- they will make a seller cough up any sale anytime, anywhere....bada boom bada bing.

Lol don’t wanna messes with you!

...It did cost ebay money in my case because one of the card was sold off eBay through PayPal probably.

Edit: Maybe eBay reads these boards because I bought a card last night (buy it now) and it’s missing from completed sales this morning. Anyone else notice this?

• Options

Ebay scans all messages. If you are discovered giving your phone number or emal in the attempt to sell off site you will be banned for a few days