Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Submission results

There was a recent question regarding submission results. I have posted the images of 6 coins- feel free to guess the grade or enter the number to get the grade in the event you would like to know how these graded. In summary, the service was excellent and the grades were fair. I have two more to post that I will get to as time permits.

Brief Overview... Lets start with GB. The florin graded slightly better than anticipated. The 1902 1/2 d is the low tide which is not easy to find but less collectors collect the 1/2 d series than the 1d. This one came back as I anticipated. The Spink catalog numbers are on the slab and the low tide was identified. Not to be the customer from H E L l, but sometimes I suppose it can't be avoided, I called Customer service to be sure that the low tide would be on the slab... And it was and so was the small date designation on the 1928 5 Centavos.

The Canadian 1903 quarter and 1919 half basically exemplify originality. One graded as expected and the other exceeded... so the question is which is the one than exceeded? I would have anticipated less 1903 quarters graded within the AU spectrum... An I know that the 1919 half is the most common date of the series, but it had the look for the grade making it worth submitting.

As for Mexico, the 1928 5 centavos exceeded my expectations- the 8 Reales was submitted at the last moment without me taking an adequate look to check for the overdate- PCGS did that which I appreciated. Great service, good return time and I am pleased with attention that was given to the submission... I was thinking we were going to have a potential issue with the 1/2 d in in terms of recognition.

Overall, a great experience.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.