Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1972 Topps Jerry West. PSA 8 PSA 9?

Shop has a BVG 7.5 and felt this one was a lot better and took the gamble.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think it would be a 9 because the L/R Centering looks 65/35 at the top. An 8 doesn’t seem out of the question though.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful card. Always hard to tell from a scan, but I don't think you will get a 9.

Good luck!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

PSA puts a strong value on eye appeal... Wouldn't surprise me at all if they gave it a 6-7 with the miscut and s/s centering... I'd be very surprised if you got an 8... 9 is out of the question.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

8 max.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2018 7:18PM

Surface of card looks really clean but I don't see it being a 9 based on the centering. 8 at best. Here is a comparison to my PSA 8 West.

• Options

The back on mine hurts it.

• Options

@JBrules said:
    Surface of card looks really clean but I don't see it being a 9 based on the centering. 8 at best. Here is a comparison to my PSA 8 West.

WOW! How is this card not a 9?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@JBrules said:

Thanks. I was thinking of sending it in for a review. Looks like a perfect candidate for a bump.

• Options

Top to bottom is all I see. Barely.

• Options

@JBrules said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@JBrules said:

Thanks. I was thinking of sending it in for a review. Looks like a perfect candidate for a bump.

Has to be an 8.5 minimum! I predict 9 on review.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@JBrules said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@JBrules said:

Has to be an 8.5 minimum! I predict 9 on review.

I hope you are correct. I have had a few 8's bump to 9's before so hoping this one will as well.