Home Sports Talk

Andrew Wiggins?

Number 1 pick out of college, 44 inch vertical leap, and unlimited potential. 0 points last night. Is this guy’s head in the game?

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only casually follow the Timberwolves. This guy was supposed to be a scoring machine. A year ago Wolves ownership said it was hesitant to offer him a "max" contract unless he was going to commit himself to playing some defense. Well, many people screamed that we had to give him the money because of his potential.

Time and time again, I hear the sports talk station comment on his lack of interest in being involved in the game he is so highly paid to play.

Jimmy Butler (yes, a prima donna but one who plays HARD) wanted out of the Wolves organization, supposedly because of the lazy players here, and the fact there wasn't much being done about it.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe if these guys would quit looking at the ground during the anthem, their games would improve.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Maybe if these guys would quit looking at the ground during the anthem, their games would improve.

Sure lets hire people to play on pro teams based purely on their anthem appreciation skillz .

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

....none would have done worse than Wiggins last night.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Seems to be progressing some after Butler was traded (looking at box scores), anyone following enough to see if he is starting to live up to his potential?

Don't hold your breath.

It's been 4 1/2 years in the pros, just when is he going to "get it"?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:
    Don't hold your breath.

It's been 4 1/2 years in the pros, just when is he going to "get it"?

Agree, he was suppose to a superstar by now. When I watch him he just seem to have the drive/desire that other players do.

I was hoping Butler would be a mentor to the young guys. OOPS!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wiggins a KU one and done. The sky was supposed to be the limit for him.
    Don't follow the pros very much but not surprised to read the comments that he doesn't seem
    as motivated as the great players in the league.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    I was hoping Butler would be a mentor to the young guys. OOPS!

Don't count out Derrick Rose instead of Butler,he's having one helluva comeback year and is a former MVP. He's also not a huge doosh like Butler is.

Mr. Rose sounds like my kind of player.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a mentor he brings more to the table than Butler ever could imo. He's been at the top of the league holding an MVP trophy while leading his Bulls to the ECF and he's been at the bottom of the league dealing with some major injuries while also playing for four teams over the past four seasons. Its good to see him finally back on his feet healthwise.

This is a great pick up for the wolves.

Wolves have a solid young base with Rose, Towns appears to be heading toward stardom. Tough to make playoffs in the deep West Conference.