Home Sports Talk
Options

Well damn...I have to look.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Phil, Tiger match play scamhibition is today. Think it started two hours ago...I'll have a look and report back.

Comments

• Options

Can't find much online other than Woody missed a three foot putt and earlier won a $200,000 side bet.

This will enter the annals of television along with Geraldo and Al Capone's safe, and the rescue from Gilligan's island.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Phil won on 4th extra hole.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

sporting news website had it

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way To Go Phil!!!!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

When's the rematch? 💤

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could NOT care less.

When are the tiddlywinks championships this year? I mean the ones for the players that USED to be good?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Could NOT care less.

When are the tiddlywinks championships this year? I mean the ones for the players that USED to be good?

Agree completely.
    Just a stupid stunt to increase their already inflated bank accounts.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

I'd enjoy seeing a small tourney where everyone antes up $1m each to play, 2nd place gets their money back and 1st takes the rest. Those guys have big enough egos perhaps they could get 16 or so players.

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

They didn't even put up their own money. Dan Wetzel of yahoo sports wrote the match was worse than Caddyshack 2.
    Just a couple of old duffers who played like they didn't need 9 million dollars. Which of course they don't.
    Wonder if Phil will donate any of that to charity, which is where the whole 9 million should go.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:

>

Wonder if Phil will donate any of that to charity, which is where the whole 9 million should go.

Charity is a good idea, but he earned the money at least as well as Jim Harbaugh has.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a big golf fan and this match had absolutely nothing interesting about it except the mic'd banter on the front 9 and some $200k side bets. Match play is my least favorite to watch, for an exhibition I don't understand why they didn't go $500k/hole skins or winner-take-all stableford/modified and encourage more risk to make it more entertaining.

At $20, PPV was tempting, but not enough to actually purchase over other stuff to do the day after Thanksgiving like eat and nap.

• Options

Agree about the match play. And gimmes for $10,000,000 show how little interest the billionaires had in the stakes.

been more fun to choose two fat balding middle income duffers and let them play for the big money. They would probably agree to a split though before the first tee.