Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Finally Finished :)

FINALLY. My quest is finally OVER. Well all over but the upgrading now.

It only took me about 2 year to do it, but then I could have finished it long ago considering all I needed was the Rockne & Thorpe cards. Now that I got them I am satisfied for now. If anyone has any PSA-9's that I could use, please drop me an email. I am always looking to try and upgrade and maje this set even better then it is now...image

Here is the link to my set, if anyone would like to talk a look. Let me know what you all think.

http://www.psacard.com/new_set_registry/display_cards.chtml?rsetid=175&alltime=yes&rank=1&tied=0&requesttimeout=9999

Thanks
Rob

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    GREAT JOB. I' am having trouble finding some of these in 6 and 7 let alone 8/9's. I guess your quest was a little tougher. Again nice job, you don't have spare 6/7's lying around do you?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Baseball Fan:

I actually just traded away my 2nd set to Rick Snyder @ Mint State Inc.

His web site is www.mintstateinc.com

I had over 70 PSA-8's and a couple PSA-7's in the set I just got rid of. Look him up, hopefully he can help you out.

Rob
  • Options
    Congratulations. It must certainly be a good feeling
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Ok I'm dumb. The cards look fantastic, but what SET am I looking at?
  • Options
    The set I finished is the #1 ranked 1955 Topps All American FB set.

It is a 100 cards set. I have it done in PSA-8 Condition, and it also includes 31 PSA-9 cards as well.

What a wonderful feeling to finally have it done. Nothing left to do but upgrade now...image
  • Options
    Robr1967 - outstanding job!
  • Options
    Robr -- tip o' the cap. That set has one of the great designs.

Gemmint -- time to punt.
    Dom

If I'm buying it's PRICELESS. If I'm selling, it's WORTHLESS.

Looking for 1984 Donruss -
    #238 Keith Hernandez PSA 10
    -----------------and
    #637 Omar Moreno PSA 9 or 10.

• Options
    Robr,

Sweet image

Great Set !!!

Jeff
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    I could tell it was cool. I just didn't know what it was image.

Dom, the punt was blocked.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Congrats on a fine job.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
  • Options
    Wow, I'm impressed. Congratulations, definately a challenge for any set to have a set 8 and 9 throughout. Once again, I'm very impressed image.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. This was a true labor of love I guess you could say.

Now the fun part is going to be trying to find more PSA-9's to upgrade the set even further....image
  • Options
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    thanks, robr1967, I will look him up, again nice job.
    Fred

• Options
    rob my hat goes off to you as a fellow collector of 55 aa i can tell anyone who has never tried to take on this quest rob has accomplished would be shocked to find out hard hard it is.most people think well 100 card set cant be to tough well let me say this finishing this set in just psa 8 is a huge undertaking what rob has done will rank up there with some of the finest football sets ever if not the best.55 aa are the #1 collected vintage football set out there and there are more collectors then cards to go around.outstanding job rob !!!! i hope one day i may tuck my set into 2nd place behind yours because thats the best anyone could do your collection is never to be matched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    wow what a set. i am still in ahhhh
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Congratulations!

Tell us where you got the final PSA 9s from - those are super cards!