Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will PSA charge me for updating the label on a T206 that was graded before noting the back variation

I have a T206 that was graded years ago, before they started labeling the correct back information on the slab. The card below is simply labeled as a "T206 Sweet Caporal" where is should now be labeled as "T206 S. Caporal 350-460/42 OP". I know I can resubmit it for reholdering, but not sure how a relabeling sub should work. Would this be considered a mechanical error even though it isn't? Will I still be charged a grading/reholder fee?

myslabs.to/smzcards

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

It should be considered a Mech Error. Contact CS for a shipping label, should be free both ways for you. I prefer to wait until I have 10 or more Mech Errors to send in in one batch, but it depends how frequently you have them if that's practical.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    It should be considered a Mech Error. Contact CS for a shipping label, should be free both ways for you. I prefer to wait until I have 10 or more Mech Errors to send in in one batch, but it depends how frequently you have them if that's practical.

They would even consider it a mechanical error if it was printed correctly at the time, before they started updating the labels with back info?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Only one way to find out!

• Options

ok called PSA, and was told to explain in an email with front and back scans what I requested and their research team will verify my info and determine the next action.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:

@LarkinCollector said:

They would even consider it a mechanical error if it was printed correctly at the time, before they started updating the labels with back info?

Yes, that's one of the reasons there's pushback on recognizing 'new' variations.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018 5:11PM

@dictoresno said:

@LarkinCollector said:

I submitted the card below as a mechanical error to have the “Spic and Span” notation added. In this case though I believe it was improperly labeled as based on the cert number PSA was already noting this variation when it was graded. But I think it’s unlikely PSA would be able to tell the difference.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Can I add to this question?

I have some PSA graded cards that do not have the back designations such as white/gray

will PSA reholder with the right current designation for a reholder fee or is this a regrade.

If regrade do you send all in together and ask fir he same grade?

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    Can I add to this question?

I have some PSA graded cards that do not have the back designations such as white/gray

will PSA reholder with the right current designation for a reholder fee or is this a regrade.

If regrade do you send all in together and ask fir he same grade?

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe this should be a mech error situation too. Even though it is not really an error, I don’t believe PSA is going to be able to distinguish between your situation and the error situation where the back designation is left off.

• Options
    kcherevkakcherevka Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

@dictoresno,

Did you ever hear back from PSA about what the next action is? I have a few T206 that would like to have properly labeled as well. Would be great if they fell under the "mechanical error" umbrella.

Thanks for the info!

Ken

@dictoresno said:
    ok called PSA, and was told to explain in an email with front and back scans what I requested and their research team will verify my info and determine the next action.

• Options

Nope never heard back. I’ll call them tomorrow.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

The T206 is not a mech error, since when it was graded, it was done properly (they weren't being more specific about the back at the time)... If you submit it for a reholder, it will come back with the specific back info on the new label, but you'll have to pay for it (and pay for the shipping).

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    kcherevkakcherevka Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

That's what I suspected. Thank you for confirming.

• Options

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:
    The T206 is not a mech error, since when it was graded, it was done properly (they weren't being more specific about the back at the time)... If you submit it for a reholder, it will come back with the specific back info on the new label, but you'll have to pay for it (and pay for the shipping).

I recently purchased a T206 from you on ebay. thanks for the deal!

myslabs.to/smzcards