Home Precious Metals

US & Foreign Mint 1oz Silver - Which To Pay?

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 13, 2018 2:27PM in Precious Metals

looking at buying some US or Rest-of-World mint coins in 1oz form

if said 1ozers are priced the same whether direct via cash or via eBay, would you buy from ebay over direct? Let's assume I can find them from a non-shady ebay seller.

obviously this is a CC rewards play. I get 1-for-1 miles.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

many good volume dealers on ebay. My preference is dbs, apmex and MCM. If you search you can also earn ebay bucks to get your cost down. My preference is the ASEs.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are good dealers both on ebay and direct .... I prefer ASE's (though I do have some art bars/rounds), mainly for liquidity purposes....Bullion is low right now, so a good time to acquire some silver... Cheers, RickO

GSR at 85, 25 year high in favor of buying silver over gold.

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to check out prices on both ebay and the dealer's website. Often the dealers will bake in ebay and paypal fees for the items they are selling on ebay and it winds up being cheaper on the dealers website (even with ebay bucks)

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2

@3stars said:
    Be sure to check out prices on both ebay and the dealer's website. Often the dealers will bake in ebay and paypal fees for the items they are selling on ebay and it winds up being cheaper on the dealers website (even with ebay bucks)

Website might charge shipping and credit card usage fee whereas no charge to use CC on ebay (through paypal) and often with free shipping. Compare "total" costs.