Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Newp: Polish 3 Groschen...

Ok - so this is not a rare coin, and it was impulse buy. But, to me very cool that this coin is >400 years old! The manufacture is surprisingly high quality vs. other coins of the era (looking at you England).

Plus, got to learn a little bit about Sigismund III, who actually seems to look on this coin like his portrait!

Thoughts and comments welcome.

My current "Box of 20"

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cool aspect is that they are nice well minted coins, common and affordable.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

That little piece has alot going for it. Great strike is at the top of the list.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't have to be rare to be nice. I dig the little guy on his steed on the rev. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 - I like that dude, too. Reminds me of my other Poland/Lithuania piece.

My current "Box of 20"