Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1953-1964 Canadian Set In Nice Display

I purchased this set yesterday from the estate of a deceased coin club member- Larry White. Larry's main interest in collecting were primarily Canadian coins. Larry had stopped attending coin club meetings before I had joined, yet, he did have his daughter bring him to one meeting earlier this year where he announced that he was selling his entire collection, and wanted it to go to all the members of the club.

Larry could have gotten a lot more money for his coins had he opened up sales to those outside the club; but, he was intent on keeping all of his collection within the club- irregardless of profit.

The set I purchased just needs upgrades with the '53-'55 halves, and quarters. They are in around VF-XF condition: rest of set is uncirculated. There are a few varieties that I had found- some of the cents have the "hanging" anomaly, and I have a '64 no dot dollar. Probably a few more- still processing this purchase.

The toned '58 set is beautiful- pictures can't capture beauty. The frame was supposedly made by one of Larry's friends who had quite an ability- very nice cottage industry frame!

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to read about Larry's passing, but happy he thought enough of the club members to allow them to purchase his coins. The holder and coins you have make an absolutely stunning display that I would be proud to own, as well. Enjoy it!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson