Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New office for PSA to open in Tokyo.......

PSA is tapping into another hundred million plus possible sports and coin collectors etc. sparking yet more interest and higher collectibles prices in the future........ The demand side of the collecting market might be getting a timely injection ~ MLB collectibles going global ! ....What say you?

Comments

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Interesting point on grading and encapsulation of cards...

To be clear, all authenticating, grading and encapsulation of cards will continue to be performed stateside as bulk mail shipments will be made once a month from PSA’s Japan office to the company’s headquarters in California. The newly opened office’s website can be found at www.PSAcard.co.jp and is hosted entirely in Japanese.

We are talking huge monthly shipments from Japan to Newport Beach, CA.

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

talk about times getting even slower...unless they are going to double their grading staff, the times are going to expand to 90 business days I fear

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

It won't be long until it may be a year before we get our cards back.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Hopefully the additional interest will include higher staffing numbers at PSA. This move should increase popularity of collectibles to the global level.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Back in late October, PSA was at the Shanghai Comic-Con. PSA's global reach is in full motion and that can only mean more interest and submissions. Wait time for the bulk orders will probably be longer now.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Do more experienced collectors expect this to give a spike in card values?

PackManInNC
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I hope with more expertise in the Japanese market that PSA will be able to grade some wrestling menko and Bandai that they have not done in the past.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

yay!!!! million cards from Japan mean faster TIMES !!!

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

BGS has had a representative here in Korea for some time. Unsure if they are in Japan, but would imagine so. Not sure if sending my cards to Japan (if I'm able) instead of Newport Beach would make much of a difference.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@skrezyna23 said:
    BGS has had a representative here in Korea for some time. Unsure if they are in Japan, but would imagine so. Not sure if sending my cards to Japan (if I'm able) instead of Newport Beach would make much of a difference.

they just said that the cards will be still be graded in the USA not Japan

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:

@skrezyna23 said:

they just said that the cards will be still be graded in the USA not Japan

I know that. Im talking about shipping my cards to Japan instead of US to save on shipping. But it probably wouldnt be much of a difference.