Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSH (+ eBay): 1905-O Barber Dime micro-O PCGS AU Details

1905-O Barber Dime, micro O variety, recently graded at PCGS as having AU details due to cleaning. The coin was likely dipped at some point, and has a slightly washed out appearance with traces of luster remaining. An "UNC details" grade would not have surprised me as the coin has very little wear and doesn't show much evidence of handling at all. There are a couple of minor rim nicks visible in the pre-certification photos which do not detract from the appearance.

This is a really tough variety to find in grades above Fine, PCGS has certified only 25 examples in AU (7 in AU58) and another 7 in mint state grades. It is also the only variety for the series required in the PCGS Registry.

I will sell the coin here for $399 postpaid. Please note that this coin is going to be listed over the weekend on eBay at a slightly higher Buy It Now cost than my asking price here, and is thus subject to prior sale.

I am happy to answer any questions. I have sold many coins through the BST and on eBay, though not many recently. I think enough folks are still around who can vouch for me that references can be supplied if requested.

Thanks for looking,

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2018 2:14PM

TTT, still available, will probably hit eBay again tomorrow night.

Sean Reynolds

UPDATE 11/26/18 - this coin just sold via eBay, thank you to all who looked.

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

Is this coin still available?