Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

vintage kingston canadians button

I picked up a button tonight in a grab bag but am not to sure what year the button is and who may have been on the team.. i can't seem to find any info on the net about it , the team photo is not very clear on the button so the faces are hard to make out

Comments

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

They played in the OHL from 1980-1988. That's about all I can narrow down without being able to identify individual players. Is it just me or is there a partial number 14 visible? If so that may be Ken Linseman, but that doesn't make sense because he played from 1974-1977.

All my info from here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingston_Canadians
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Linseman

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got an email back from the team office this afternoon and the name (kingston canadians) lasted from 1973-1988 then in 1988 they changed the name to kingston raiders then to kingston frontenacs.. they said the couch may be Jim Morrison on the button.. they said ill have to come in to match the button to the team photos on the walls

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

That's cool! Good luck!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish the image was sharper. Hard to see faces. I am going to guess that button is from 1978-79. I think I see a young Tim Kerr in that group mug shot.

I'm going with deduction here. Tony McKegney was a star for that team between 1975-78. He is not in the picture. Kingston played with cooperalls in the early 80s, and they weren't sporting them in this team photo.

Wheel, snipe, celly, boys.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

ty very much.. unfortunately i have trouble seeing the faces even with a magnifying glass. I wish the button had been printed clearer.