Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Breaking out SGC/BGS cards to submit to PSA

The majority of my collection is PSA, but have some nice SGC & BGS cards. Seems some are breaking open and sending to PSA, also hearing PSA is gaining share daily ahead of the other two. I have some numbered 2005 Aaron Rodgers Rookies BGS 9.5 (subs all 9.5 except for 9 surface) and some older Boxing cards of Jack Johnson & Jack Dempsey in SGC holders. Thoughts on cracking open to send to PSA or sharing their results from trying this. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2018 8:54PM

I would say send them in first as is with min grades set. im 3 for 3 with straight crossovers, uncracked, with minimum grades set at 10. but others swear to crack first. I have a buddy thats cracked PSA 8's and got 10's. Theres another guy on another forum that cracked a 7 numerous times and got a 10. I would say its worth a shot to keep them slabbed and try to cross first, then re-evaluate if they don't, then crack and resubmit. notice below....the Jeter had a 9 for corners sub grade and the Arenado was one of those new options without sub grades entirely.

I had these......

Turn into these.....

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think for older (prewar) SGC stuff like the boxing you're talking about, I'd crack first. But that's just me. I think PSA and SGC have slight differences in what they emphasize which can sometimes result in a minor grade difference. But it woulld also depend on what the cards look like and what I though might happen. But it's possible...

Arthur