Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1967 Pro's Pizza

I picked up a 1967 Pro's Pizza Color Disc John Boccabella along with some other rare regional issue Cubs cards. Those not familiar with the issue they were attached to pizza boxes and there is the black and white square version and also a color disc version. PSA has graded 20 of the black and white and 50 of the color discs. There have been 3 graded of the Boccabella, PSA 5, 7 and 8. The one that I have looks pretty clean, some minor surface issues though it looks to have some light writing on the back. Is anyone familiar with the market for these and should I even worry with getting it graded?

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2018 4:09PM

Very cool pickup. Love the rare regional issue cards/etc.. of players.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pickup! Those are really tough, I'm a bit of a Boccobella fan, don't remember ever seeing one before.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

When grading these do they penalize you for the red on the border from the 3 o'clock to 7 o'clock position? Also for the writing on the back?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure about the red on the border as it would be hard to measure the true centering. It would get a MK designation though it could wipe right off since it has a wax surface.