Home Q & A Forum
Options

US Mint products ending sales

Every year, the mint concludes sales of numerous products. Does anyone know where to get a list of products that will no longer be on sale after December 31st?

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see no one has an answer for you yet. One of my friends makes a list of every release date on the U.S. Mint's website. Then he crosses them off as they become sold out. If that does not help you can always look on the Mint website and look for "No Longer Available" in the product section.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2018 11:16PM

I thought they sold until they were sold out. What else would they do with unsold products? Melt them?
    Edit to say,
    Yes they sell until sold out. There are still 2016 and 2017 leftovers.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dennis1219 said:
    Every year, the mint concludes sales of numerous products. Does anyone know where to get a list of products that will no longer be on sale after December 31st.”

Usually, one of the numi news sources will do an article but if you want to go straight to the source...The Mint does not make it easy.

“LAST CHANCE! Commemorative products go off-sale on December 27, 2018, at 11:59pm ET. Purchase these products today before they go off-sale forever.“
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/commemoratives/

Other items like the 2017 Sac’s and Kennedy’s have this on each order page:

“LAST CHANCE! This product goes off-sale on 12/31/2018 at 11:59 PM ET. Purchase these products today before they go off-sale forever.”

I faintly recall an email from the Mint about this but it was just links to individual items.