Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will PSA grade raw 86-87 Fleer Michael Jordan Signed Cards?

Was looking on Ebay and a seller said in their auction description that PSA will not grade autographed Jordan RCs anymore.

Is this true? If so, does anyone have any insight as to why PSA decided this course of action?

Thanks, Joe

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments

• Options
    GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

Seems odd to me. I thought that was PSA's job.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I thought he wouldn't sign em anymore but fully expect that PSA would grade them. But I'm not an auto collector so I'd defer to those who are.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Yes, PSA will grade them

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Uda ones....the fakes are many...some found their way into sgc holders

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA will not grade them if they are closed at the time.

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2018 6:56AM

PSA doesn't grade the Star card. I believe thats because Star might have reproduced cards from the original printing plates. There are other guys on here that know far more about that than me.

Interesting question if auto was on the Star card and you asked PSA for auto only?

But if we are talking Fleer, yeah, I think they'll be happy to grade the card and the auto

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Have any of you actually submitted a 1986 Fleer Jordan autographed for grading?

UDA or otherwise?

Just wondering.

• Options

@bounce said:

UDA or otherwise?

Just wondering.

yes, i have. why?

• Options

There have been a ton of suspect autographed 86 Fleer Jordan cards coming up on eBay over the last year. I don't know the answer to the original question but I do know several are in slabs from PSA and SGC. I have heard from some collector friends that are very much into Jordan Autographs, particularly from the Camp, and they said there may be issues with grading the card moving forward but not sure how accurate that is.

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:

@bounce said:

UDA or otherwise?

Just wondering.

yes, i have. why?

Great. Any pics?

Were they UDA, if so did you have the certs as well? Or were they in person?

Let's see them!

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@bounce said:

@MrHockey said:

@bounce said:

UDA or otherwise?

Just wondering.

yes, i have. why?

Great. Any pics?

Were they UDA, if so did you have the certs as well? Or were they in person?

Let's see them!

Here. For the record, this was a UDA auto MJ rookie inside of a SGC holder, with SGC saying the auto was authentic and the card was an authentic mj rookie with an 8 grade. I called afterward to discuss. Was told there are a number of fake UDA certs with MJ auto rookies floating around, with some that made it into SGC holders, like the one I submitted. Avoid "camp" autos. Total drama, with more fakes than legit versions out there. Of course, I returned the SGC card to the owner and obtained a refund due to the PSA/DNA results.

• Options

sorry for the delay. in canada for the expo.

no, i don't have pics, unfortunately. this was years ago. they were UDA.