Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Charmy's 2018 Portland PNNA/Baltimore Show Reports and Special Tribute to my Dad

2»

Comments

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭

Gosh, Charmy, that is a great report. Thank you for taking the time to report on two coin shows and the wonderful stories from your personal life. Bless your heart. Thank you for sharing and bless you and your family.

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful report Charmy. Thank you for sharing your fathers devotion to his country, and family. Meeting you in person at a show you attend, along with sharing a meal, and glass of wine with your gang is tops on my bucket list! Love the reports- you help this hobby. Thanks again!

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your coin reports are truly great. This one sure is not an exception.
    Thanks for sharing this.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

My heartfelt condolences on your loss. It's never easy...

...and thanks for the show reports too. I take my daughter to Little Italy often.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭

Very sorry to hear of your father’s passing and I pass along my condolences and deepest sympathy. You and your family are so fortunate to have had him in your life for so many years. I lost my father when I was five and can only remember two things about him. You have been blessed. Thank you for sharing his life with us over the years....a great tribute to a great man.

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

My deepest condolences Charmy

• Options
    CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the great pics, Charmy. I always look forward to your post-show wrap-ups. I passed by your table at the B'more show on Friday... you had a couple of gents there, deep in "copper-talk", so I didn't stop to interrupt. I'm very sorry to hear about your father... as a 20 year retired USAF vet, I can say with all confidence that he was a real hero.

Got Crust....y gold?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Charmy what a wonderful story and tribute to your Father. He was a great man and Father. I thank him him from the bottom of my heart for his service to our Country. I have met you in person many times and can truly say he did a great job in raising you. My heart is with you and your family during this time.

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice reports Charmy.
    I too had a Dad who served in WWII He passed away on Dec 2nd twenty one years ago. His Father from Pisticci Italy was in the US Army at 16 years of age, became a citizen he too passed away on Dec. 2nd in '63.

I find your posting to be the icing on the cake of coin collecting fun at the shows.
    My wife and I visited Little Italy on Friday night. That Baltimore show is a fun one. Thanx and keep up the good posts.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your wonderful report and the nice tribute to your Dad.

My Grandfather was celebrating his 50th birthday on December 7,1941. Although he was farming, he took on a job at Consolidated Vultee making aircraft wings. The greatest generation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file