Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Friends and family! Do not forget to click the Ignore icon.

TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 31, 2018 2:16PM in U.S. Coin Forum

https://forums.collectors.com/profile/troll
Replace the letters **troll **from the link above with the user 's name you would like to ignore.
Then click on the little troll icon next to the message. From there, you can choose to ignore.

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably best to let it go.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Probably best to let it go.

;) Thanks. I took out the name since we all know who he is.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ignored the troll. First and only person I've ever ignored. Hopefully that prevents me from getting the boot again!! lol

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2018 1:03PM

@TurboSnail said:

Great advice, but might be best to delete your text.

The "Report" button has replaced the "disagree" button for some posters. It may well backfire on them, but in the meantime the moderator might get ticked off at the unwarranted alarms being sounded.

edit: I saw your edit - excellent!

• Options

@JBK said:

@TurboSnail said:

Great advice, but might be best to delete your text.

The "Report" button has replaced the "disagree" button for some posters. It may well backfire on them, but in the meantime the moderator might get ticked off at the unwarranted alarms being sounded.

edit: I saw your edit - excellent!

;)

• Options
    edited October 31, 2018 1:06PM

oops hiccup

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

something ain't right, I just ignored myself

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

It must be different on mobile. I have never seen this option, and the link just goes to my own profile.

• Options
    edited October 31, 2018 2:11PM

lol https://forums.collectors.com/profile/troll
    replace troll in the link above with the user you would like to Ignore

• Options

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    It must be different on mobile. I have never seen this option, and the link just goes to my own profile.

Or just click on the trolls user name where he has posted. It takes you to his page where you can ignore him

• Options

I tried it also. Neat feature. The ignoree's posts still appear but as a greyed out single line in the thread, and you can click on it to open it should you feel the need.

Out of sight, out of mind, especially with the "disagree" button gone.

If the smoking wheel chair icon ever turns into a red "Carry On", someone please let me know. ;)

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is zero chance you all won't click on the dudes posts if they show up with a "Click Me" to see what he said! That being the case, what is the point!?

• Options

@Wabbit2313 said:
    There is zero chance you all won't click on the dudes posts if they show up with a "Click Me" to see what he said! That being the case, what is the point!?

True, but they'll be more likely to be overlooked or missed.

• Options

@Wabbit2313 said:

And hopefully if he tags you in something, like he likes doing with the banned crew, it won't notify you.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

the banned crew.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m using my ignorance button and so far it’s really peaceful B) Not only that but I’m pretty sure it’ll also send a message to our community that we don’t like the trolls if we all do it or just don’t respond even if you don’t use the button. I don’t need to mention names cause I’m sure we all know who I’m talking about. It’s these dormant ALTS that comes to life in about 2 years. Then they are only here to create drama and hate. Never does the troll show off coins nor talks about his collection. Just snide remarks and being condescending . Just my opinion :)
    :)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313 said:

I've ignored 2-3 people. I don't click on them to see what they have said. It's actually been nice not to see most of their insipid posts.

I say "most" only because, if someone quotes them, and you don't also have that person on ignore, you may see the troll's post as well.

So, the point of ignoring them is simple.....if you don't see the bait, you won't fall into the trap. If people had already ignored O2O, like I had, they wouldn't have been responding to him and wouldn't have gotten into the last banning war.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file