Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How does a "regrade" potentially change your set?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I mean from this is:

If you have an everyman set (ie...AU and below) and you were to send in a coin under "regrade", hoping for a higher AU grade, but, for some reason, they now believe it to be mint state, does it automatically get removed from your everyman's set (since it no longer fits the requirement) or, is it something you need to remove yourself?

I haven't submitted any "regrades" over the years, so I'm not sure if the cert changes and that the old cert is taken out of circulation by PCGS at that time, or if you need to do that yourself?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would imagine that if you have an AU58 and have it regraded and gets into an MS60 holder it would automatically disappear from the everyman's set. If you are unable to add MS60's and higher to the set, it would automatically be deleted from said set.

I hear AU58+ is a very desired grade, especially in the Barber Half series.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

That's why I am wondering......I have a lot of AU58 in the 1/2c set. I believe all the AU58 I have were purchased prior to PCGS entering into the + grade era. Would be, maybe, a little tempting to send for regrade and try to get the + designation. Would be a little sad, on some of them, if they were seen as MS now, as at least a few of them, look like they could be MS. Some are obviously AU58.

A low MS grade would lower the "value". A 58+ would increase the value, literally. Many are green CAC from some years back as well. None gold. I think most were CAC'ed prior to + at PCGS as well.

So, if sent for a regrade, and any did go MS, then the value would drop and the set would drop from its place.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Don't send in for regrade. send in under reconsideration for +. Only the coins deemed plus worthy would receive the plus. All others would remain the same.

• Options

Thanks Nick!

Btw....I've been tempted to send some of Jr's silver roosies in to see if they may go higher....he has a few nice ones from 11 years ago ;)
    (he kept them all)

• Options
    KozmanKozman Posts: 275 ✭✭

And yes there is the quarterly special of reconsideration plus going on now until 12/31/2018.