Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

baseball cards

Just saw on the local news that some woman whose husband saved cards was showing a card collection that her husband had that contains hundreds of thousands of cards including complete sets of unopened cards. Just though I would mention it here as she wants to dispose of them. They are in Rio Rancho New Mexico which is right beside Albuquerque.

Comments

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018 9:25AM

Link to story? What did this woman have, 90s sets and boxes wouldn't equate to much beyond that factory in Detroit MI where there is about a billion cards. It would be sweet if her husband collected 50 years ago and has an amazing collection as described of vintage items.

• lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque-metro/rio-rancho-woman-looking-to-sell-massive-baseball-card-collection/1558540205

Does look like a majority was the great junk era. But, I did see some of what appeared to be a pretty nice 1968 Topps set, a BVG 5.5 T206 Chance, a PSA 4 1968 Aaron. The wife really does not know what she has or doesn't have, in this case. She was hoping to get over $10,000 for the collection.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

She seemed really excited about a completely sealed 1987 Topps set. Seems like a helluva find. lol

• CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

I would not buy it without being able to go see it, but it looks "possible" that $10,000 is not a bad price. Unfortunately he probably put way more into it than that....

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1968 set looks like EX to EXMT cards with no apparent collecting regard for centering.

The story likely received news media interest only because her husband was a police officer for thirty years, which is fine.

My first impression is that it's probably not worth 10k, but if I lived in the area, I'd certainly take a look at it. Maybe there's a few hidden gems in there. :)

• AANVAANV Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

100,000 1989 Donruss cards

• flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I hope to god I have my affairs in order so that my wonderful wife does not have to take on the burden of selling off my collection.

That poor woman has gotten herself into a vortex of suck and will undoubtedly pull her hair out trying to relieve herself of thousands of worthless cards.

Larry was a collectors collector and apparently had a well loved collection - may he RIP.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store