Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thickest card PSA will grade?

Does anyone know the thickest card PSA will grade? Ive had a few kicked back as "too thick" yet other cards that are thicker show in the population report. Im mainly talking about standard size cards here.

Comments

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Why would a card be thicker? I have some 1956-57 Topps baseball cards that are NM or better but thicker. They may be restored in years past. Is that how some cards got thicker?

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

They wrote too thick somewhere? Altered stock is the only designation which is close to that. Typically it means the stock was altered to be thinner, but I guess soaking a card makes it swell so maybe it could be sent in too close to the soak stage to achieve too thick?

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

N9 can be used for not fitting in a PSA holder. I'm guessing this is a modern patch card where they can be 1/4" thick or more? I don't think I've ever seen a maximum thickness posted so a call to Customer Service is probably your best route to get an answer. Whatever you find out, please report back.

• Options

LarkinCollector, you are correct. I am talking about modern patch cards. I have sent an email to PSA customer service, so I may have an answer in a month, lol. Just was hoping someone knew already. Thanks