Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

64 (or 66 w/2 1815 vars.) piece collection of different struck (no cast) cont. ctft. CBH varieties

Up for sale is a sizable collection of 64 or 66 different contemporary counterfeit struck (no cast) CBH varieties ranging from 1815 to 1838. The 66-piece collection contains the two 1815 varieties (2/B and 3/C). In contrast, the 64-piece collection starts with 1820 dated varieties, and removes the two 1815 varieties, as both are individually the two most expensive pieces in the collection. This collection was assembled over the last 25+ years and includes ex. Davignon pedigreed pieces, and at least one Davignon plate coin. The two 1815 varieties are the highlight of this collection as only 14 total examples have been recorded between the 6 different known varieties. Therefore, this date is one of the most elusive in the entire series, not to mention a key date in its own right, and acquiring any pre-1820 contemporary counterfeit CBH is a big achievement. Among the other highlights is a low-grade 1836-O 4/D, a couple unpublished varieties, a few extremely rare (population 2 or 3) varieties, while most of the remaining varieties have a census of 10 or fewer reported. And naturally, there are also a handful of the more common varieties. Quality is generally average with a mix of below and above-average pieces for their respective variety.

Note - I am willing to sell varieties individually at a slightly higher cost than if that variety was sold with the entire collection.

Due to the size of this collection, please PM me with your interest and I can supply you with a more specific detailed listing of varieties, grade, other details, price, and photos.

This is a great opportunity to start a collection of mostly very rare varieties which circulated at the same time as their authentic counterpart.

Thanks!

Comments