Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Does anyone know where I might be able to sell this gold or how much to sell it for?

I have all of these and I'm trying to sell it. I'm new to the industry, just seeing if anyone knows a good place to sell or trade this stuff? It looks nice but I am NO NUMISMATIST lol. thx - Rich

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you asking where to sell these and then in the very next post selling numismatic items that I assume you own on the icollector site? I would assume you could just list them on the site you are selling your other numismatic items. The post seems a bit odd to me is all I am saying.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, spam on the other thread and you don't know what to do with these? Have you heard of coin dealers. Should be able to sell to them with no problem......shop a few and then pull the trigger. Why not get them graded so as to prove their authenticity and then sell?
    bob :)
    I suspect they might not be the real deal but without better pics there is no way to tell. I don't even know what the denomination would be without a reverse pics.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

Looks like just another crook :(

I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options

My name is Rich Baran (Find me on Facebook). I'm an independent sales agent for my company. I come from a non-coin background. I'm not a crook, nor is this post spam. I'm a father, veteran and honest person. I was asking people who have actual knowledge of this stuff because as of yet, I do not. Any help is appreciated. Otherwise, not sure why there is so much skepticism without questions? ?

I haven't had any luck selling this stuff. Not sure why people don't want to make bids, the icollector auction is not MINE nor is it a place I can sell this stuff, which is my inventory. Thanks.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you obtain these? It is unusual to post 8 gold coins which look potentially counterfeit.

• Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

Bring them to a local coin shop and get their appraisal. Potentially sell the coins there.

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the 8 coins are not the real deal, not even close

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2018 1:07PM

I dont really know about them either, What are they?
    Gold rounds?
    $5,$10,$20?
    What do the backs look like (picture?)

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pay the money to get them graded by PCGS, NGC, ANACS or ICG. That will determine their authenticity. They are very low MS-grades if real, so grading isn't the issue - authenticity is the issue. Any of these four will be able to determine that, so I would send them to the least expensive. Unless they are rare dates/mints, they will be close to gold spot in value if real.

thefinn
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭

OP take close up pics of the front and back of a few of your coins and post them here. If the coins looks authentic offer to sell one or two by PayPal with 3% fee - not friends and family . If you’re honest and the coins are real once received by a member here they’ll vouch for you. Sell the rest by the same method. Or take them to a coin show or a PCGS/NGC coin dealer or send them into PCGS/NGC/ANACS/ICG for authentication and then they’ll easily sell.
    FYI many scammers also use the board to rip off board members often by offering high dollar coins in the same manner of your ad, that’s why everyone skeptical of you

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2018 3:00PM

Nil
    Zippo
    Nada

Carry on :s

• Options
    FHCFHC Posts: 323 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or do the edges look flat where the reeding should be?

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2018 2:44PM

Send All 8 coins to me and I will then pay you. Pm me for the Address to send them to.

After I get the coins I will send you a Registered Check which you can then deposit into your bank.

• Options

Here's just for you guys to see that this is real. I'm a bit surprised but hope this means something. I'll take the best pics I can of the coins next.

• Options

@1peter1223

It's very interesting to me that there are so many rude people. I've been working here since June of last year. I don't know much about coins, I'm smart, and I'm learning. I'm mostly an internet guy, a place that is mostly lacking in the coin community.

That said, I am VERY illiterate in the Gold coin world. I'm an EXPERT at many other things, many of which I'm sure a number of you are lacking. But I don't tout, nor criticize people for it, and I have respect. What's the deal?

• Options

@1peter1223

Give me a call and verify right now, at 888-655-COIN(2646).

My name is Rich Baran. I'm new. Questions?

• Options

Here's my seller dashboard, logged in. I'm moving into sales but specialize in internet stuff like web design and the like. What's the question?

• Options
    edited October 27, 2018 3:03PM

@coinssince1994 said:
    Here's just for you guys to see that this is real. I'm a bit surprised but hope this means something. I'll take the best pics I can of the coins next.

What a waste of “fricking” time....mine😩
    & everyone else’s except op.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coinsince1994

I like those Key Board really Rad!

• Options
    DrewUDrewU Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

@coinssince1994 said:

Here's my seller dashboard, logged in. I'm moving into sales but specialize in internet stuff like web design and the like. What's the question?

Maybe you could try selling them on eBay then? I kind of apologize for doubting your identity, but I still think your approach to the original post of complete feigned ignorance of where to sell or trade the nice looking shiny gold disks that you don’t know anything about in spite of working for a major internet dealer for over a year and participating in their internet sales is super shady at best. Between this and trying to hijack coinflip’s Palladium buying thread you are not doing your employer’s brand any favors.

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    Coinsince1994

I like those Key Board really Rad!

On the positive side, I agreed that the keyboard is rad!

• Options

Every few days/weeks, questionable deals appear here, & other CU forums. Wonder why :o

• Options

@KollectorKing

Not sure what that means. I would expect that on any forum, there would be different people frequenting a website. That said, I'm a real dealer but new to the industry and I appreciate your comment. Thanks.

• Options

@DrewU

Do you sell coins for a living? Just curious. There's a barrier out there between the customers and sellers...in that, often the customer's don't understand the mechanics of running a business...time and money math. As such, in a tightening economic market (circumstance), it remains difficult to post as the ideal customer would 'like' but instead, throw mud at the wall and see what sticks. Sometimes, as the company sells mostly online, we come across coins that are in between markets.

These 'PL' coins for example, are rarely graded as such at NGC/PCGS for a number of reasons, those which experienced graders understand. From my bosses mouth, there were a number of years where these companies have not been interested in grading coins as PL. Not the first time a person has disagreement with grading.

That said, I meant no harm in any of these posts, just talking about coins and business. I appreciate the skepticism and scientific eye of everyone here. I'm an honest, hard working 30 year old newbie but because I work @ Coins Since 1994, I have had a lot of volume over this short time period working in the industry.

Coin knowledge, I'm sure, seems to take time in both learning and experiencing (seeing) different types, grades. I'm just not there yet, to have an intelligence conversation about something like this.

At this point, my job is to sell these coins, and I apologize for the fashion in which I did it, if it offends people or makes them think I'm being disingenuous.

Regardless of sales, let me know if anyone has any reliable or friendly helpful information on coins like these. Would love to learn.

thanks.

Rich Baran,

Coins Since 1994

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Rich !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stick them on ebay $1 starting bid and let 'er go :)

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

Then why did you say you are no numismatist? You also could’ve just listed the gold coins on eBay instead of saying you don’t know what to do with them. I still stick with my doubts.

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinssince1994 said:
    @1peter1223

It's very interesting to me that there are so many rude people. I've been working here since June of last year. I don't know much about coins, I'm smart, and I'm learning. I'm mostly an internet guy, a place that is mostly lacking in the coin community.

That said, I am VERY illiterate in the Gold coin world. I'm an EXPERT at many other things, many of which I'm sure a number of you are lacking. But I don't tout, nor criticize people for it, and I have respect. What's the deal?

how's the saying go...its not personal just business, so it pays to be careful

Anyone today can take a picture with a cell phone at a gold and silver store and put up a for sale listing stating I have these for sale at $$??
    There was a guy doing just that...he would list items that were still sitting on the shelf at the local G&S store....essentially being an outside sales rep.

• Options

@coinssince1994

Rich,

Fortunately for me, I don’t sell coins for a living, but I have worked for a major dealer in the past and I certainly empathize with the learning curve necessary to be successful in the business.

I understand the strengths and weaknesses of various selling venues, and I get why unattributed pl or semi-pl ms60-ms62 $20 Libs might present a challenge. They should probably be worth more than a typical unc coin, but what is a fair premium? Not my area either, so I have no idea, but from what I have experienced on these boards, there seems to be a well above average numismatic IQ, and as such full transparency tends to be a pretty great long-term strategy.

I wish you the best of luck in the business and on the boards and I look forward to your future posts.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinssince1994 said:
    @1peter1223

You cannot imagine how many scams and scammers we have on this board. We are a public board so anyone that wants can come, join and offer to sell. We members are a pretty tight community for that exact reason. That is why I suggested you get them authenticated by PCGS, NGC, ANACS or ICG first before attempting to sell. You have no history here. We do.
    However, we do understand that everyone has to start somewhere.
    Welcome.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

how soon do you want the money? you could go to a major show and have them all sold in an hour, if you accept reasonable offers. How much are they worth? The reverses need to be shown, as mintmarks show the location of minting and that determines rarity, demand and value.

I find It hard to believe someone gave you over $10K gold melt value in double eagles to sell with no supervision or game plan.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

There shore shinney

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love this place. :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bobsrbobsr Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Ok Guys. I backtracked the O.P.s address and phone number. I talked to the owner of Coinssince1994 and he verifies that He has a person named Rich Baran working for him in internet sales and verified his phone number. This company has been around for a while and they do a lot of sales. Rich just happens to be the new guy and is trying to learn about coins. Maybe we can cut him a little slack and just maybe we'll have another source of some good coins. I know we've had a few scams come up in the last couple of months but these guys I think are real.
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

• Options
    edited October 28, 2018 1:38PM

@jmski52 said:
    I love this place. :)

me2, 3, 4...🎻 🎯

• Options
    edited October 28, 2018 2:15PM

🦖🦕🦖🦕

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Why is he asking this question here if he works for an large established coin company? Why not just ask his boss and fellow colleagues this question?

Good question...... :(

I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    bobsrbobsr Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Rich and his Boss. They really aren't Collectors, they are basically retailers. It just so happens their product inventory is coins. The company apparently belongs to PCGS, Ana, NGC , coin world etc but their forte is buying and selling. Rich knows about silver and gold coins but he doesn't have an in depth knowledge of coins to be able to grade effectively. Maybe he will elaborate. Anyhow, I think they are legit.
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

• Options
    CoinflipCoinflip Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

1 ,I know dealers who get PL All the time . NgC just seems to be the one that grades more coins PL for various reasons. 2.Why are you not making this post on on RT?

SMILEFORSOMECHANGE LLC
    RAD#306

• Options
    Jim2359Jim2359 Posts: 281 ✭✭

I dont trust, sorry

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you honestly don't know anything about them the first place I would go would be to a coin dealer and get any opinion from him.(I think that this has already been stated)

Why are you selling the ungraded ones when you have graded ones in the box? At least members here would have less doubts about the graded ones. Not too many here are going to fork over $10,000 for something like this without seeing them in hand first.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coinssince1994 is a huge coin dealer, and to be honest, this kind of post is tarnishing your name. Do not pretend to not know what you are doing. You are one of the big boys, so start acting like it.

• Options

@jwitten said:
    Coinssince1994 is a huge coin dealer, and to be honest, this kind of post is tarnishing your name. Do not pretend to not know what you are doing. You are one of the big boys, so start acting like it.

https://coinssince1994.com/about-us/

• Options

@coinssince1994 said:
    I have all of these and I'm trying to sell it. I'm new to the industry, just seeing if anyone knows a good place to sell or trade this stuff? It looks nice but I am NO NUMISMATIST lol. thx - Rich

https://coinssince1994.com/about-us/

• Options

It might be possible he works there.

Coins Since 1994
    12014 SE Mill Plain Blvd. Suite 220B
    Vancouver, WA 98684

888-655-COIN (888-655-2646) | (360) 253-5565

ken@coinssince1994.com

mandy@coinssince1994.com

david@coinssince1994.com

rich@coinssince1994.com

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just need to know why does the 1st and last number look lower then the rest of the date? But if you want you can send them to me and I’ll pay for them to be graded if they are good I’ll buy them if not you pay me for the grading and I’ll send them back to you. Deal?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards Rich...
    I will always be happy to do business with you. You sure got a kool inventory too.