Home Sports Talk
Options

Kevin Durant......

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

....... Oh My!!!!!!

41 points, including 25 in the fourth quarter to lead his team to a comeback win tonight in New York. He was unstoppable.

Also Curry had 29 points tonight.

Over the past two games Durant has scored 71 points and Curry has scored 80 points.

Comments

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Dominant players clearly in their prime 🏀. Durant is the second best player in the world, although Anthony Davis/Kawhi Leonard on his heels and Steph right behind them. Tough to see any team stopping a 3rd run at the NBA Championship, maybe the Celts will gel and make a run?

• Options

Durant scored 34 today.

Curry scored 35.

They are playing exceptionally well together so far this season.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Klay has become an after thought and Draymond's game isn't aging well. I think Klay will find his shot as the season progresses but he needs a great player around him to excel. I think any GM that gives max level money for either Klay or Draymond has some screws loose.

Unless Curry or Durant get injured and can't play in the playoffs it will be the Warriors in a cake walk to a 3rd straight title and 4th in 5 years.

Robb

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

The championship is in the bag... unless DMC messes things up when he starts playing. Lol. Only he can get a technical while in street clothes on the bench. What a clown!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:
    The championship is in the bag... unless DMC messes things up when he starts playing. Lol. Only he can get a technical while in street clothes on the bench. What a clown!

Who is DMC?

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@larryallen73 said:

Who is DMC?

Demarcus Cousins.

• Options

Klay Thompson is not shooting well to start the season. His defense is excellent as always. He will break out of his shooting slump eventually. He has worked on expanding his offensive skill set to include things other than being a catch and shoot guy. He has been dribbling and then shooting (this gives him trouble) and dribble driving to the basket.

Draymond Green is not needed to be a high scorer. He has been rusty but is getting into game shape. He is a great defender and also is a person through whom the offense can flow. If I remember correctly he had 13 assists, 1 turnover, 8 points, 4 rebounds and 5 steals yesterday.

If Klay Thompson or Draymond Green leave and go elsewhere it will be interesting to see how they perform. The current GSW team just seems to mesh, with multiple very good players executing the offense, defense and transition game efficiently.

As for DMC, if he can control his tendency to lose control of his emotions then I can see that he will fit in very well and make GSW even better. If he reverts to form he may see limited action. I suspect the former and not the latter will happen.

Thus far it also appears that the new players on the roster are fitting in well and are likely going to be more talented then the 2nd and 3rd team players of prior years.

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    Klay Thompson is not shooting well to start the season. His defense is excellent as always. He will break out of his shooting slump eventually. He has worked on expanding his offensive skill set to include things other than being a catch and shoot guy. He has been dribbling and then shooting (this gives him trouble) and dribble driving to the basket.

I guess Klay heard you and went off tonight!

• Options

He must have read this thread and decided to make my look like Carnac :)

Quite a show he put on tonight.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Still not worth max contract. I think he could be dangerous paired with Lebron.

Robb