Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay bucks promotion question

I used to receive the ebay bucks promotion all the time. I received them for both buying and selling. I have not received any bucks promotion in about 2 months. I know the promotion is by invitation only and not offered to all members. Do you have to meet a buying quota to keep receiving the promotion? I'm thinking maybe that was the reason, because I did not make enough purchases and I stopped receiving the promotion. I wanted to ask if you guys experienced the same thing and if so, will I eventually start receiving them again. I would have contacted ebay myself but they make it so hard to contact them. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2018 11:06AM

According to eBay customer service reps the people that are included in the Bucks promotions are chosen at random. After I signed up for the promotions I only received the invite one time in 2 years. I had called eBay asking about this a 3 or 4 times. I finally got a customer service rep on the phone that was actually willing to help. She suggested that I change my email address that was attached to my eBay account. I created a G-mail address just for eBay. Since doing this over a year ago I have been included in almost all of the extra Bucks promotions.
    James

• Options
    BigMKBigMK Posts: 93 ✭✭

Thanks, I will try that.

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I got them all for a year, then nothing for two years, then one in the past year. Hard to believe that’s random but that’s what they say.

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2018 8:36PM

I am sure it is not random. I never get any promotion for selling but I got buying promotion all the time. Now I list my items when I receive buying promotion or first month of the quarter in the hope that someone with bucks will buy my item. LOL