Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Some German(?) coins for ID and Price check, please. :)

Hello all!

I'm back with another load of coins from my uncle. Can you help me identify and price them, please? In case you missed the first post I made, I'm not a collector and know very little about them, so I'm relying on you kind folks to steer me in the right direction. I appreciate any and all help you can give me!

I've laid them all out and taken photos, then flipped them all and taken more... I'm sorry if it's difficult to see some of them, as I'm a bit overwhelmed. I'd be glad to take more photos of specific coins, if there are any that you'd like to see better, just let me know!

Again, thanks in advance for helping! :smile:

Link to my one coin for sale will be here when I figure out where to sell it, eventually.

Comments

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

all Euro coins are legal tender in any EU country. they are useless in North America or anywhere else.
    The German coins can still be directly exchanged into Euros only at any Bundesbank office in Germany.
    A regular chartered bank will not accept these any longer unless you are a customer of theirs in
    "very high regard" :)B) meaning you have a lot of Euros there.
    the others , I am sorry, can not help you with.
    there are buyers of these coins. usually for 90% discounts.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options

Ahhh, thank you! I know nothing about coins, and my uncle has an extensive amount of them, which he's asking me to sell. I appreciate your help! I have more coins coming, in waves, so I'm not even sure what is in store for us yet. :) Thank you!!

Link to my one coin for sale will be here when I figure out where to sell it, eventually.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to en.ucoin.net, first find the country, then the year, then the value (denomination on coin), find coin, take notes for yourself. You can also chose metal composition of that seems easier for you. That should keep you busy...or you could buy a world coin catalogue and let your fingers do the walking.
    If the coin is in foreign language, download coinoscope onto your cel phone, take an image, app will make suggestions to you. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm very sorry, but you are not off to a strong start here.

If you were actually in Germany, I would speculate that you might get 5 to 8 Euros for the entire group.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of it looks like face value stuff. Mostly Germany or euros, but there appear to be a few Czech coins.

There is a market on eBay for people who are headed overseas to these places, but the shipping to the buyer will be a big disincentive.

• Options

Thanks, all! I'll be heading to an exchange place with this load... more to come!

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please telephone first, you may save your gasoline - the typical foreign exchange/ cambio only does current bills (banknotes). There may be exceptions, but phone first.

• Options
    jyffamjyffam Posts: 14
    edited October 26, 2018 9:30AM

Thanks for that advice! my nearest exchange is 71 miles away. :D:s