2018 Topps Chrome Sapphire Box

Anyone know how many were produced?

Comments

• Options
    ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭

Any thoughts on this product?

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was looking at springing for a box or two as well but haven't pulled the trigger yet as I also don't know much about them.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

They are selling for $275+ on EBay

• Options

Looks like some of the hits are bringing some decent money.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:31AM

• Options

Even with US mint products sometimes they are still available on the US mint website but people pay a premium on eBay. I don’t understand it unless they do not realize they can purchase it themselves directly from the company.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:31AM

• Options

Looks like one sold today on the Bay for about $250 with shipping. Might end up being a decent product if a few of the rookies hold out and they don't produce a butt-ton of them.

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

So if you want to build a set of Sapphire, you have to spend more this year buying boxes vs buying a set last year. Next year Topps is also reducing the card counts in its boxes by quite a bit. I always build a Topps set through hobby boxes. This is a waste of money, I know, but with the card count going down, I will just wait for the factory set next year. Good hits are so rare, most of the hits are "manufactured" worthless patches....

• Options

@CdnOsfan said:

Good hits are so rare, most of the hits are "manufactured" worthless patches....

Hahaha, I thought I was the only one that despised "patch" cards. I hate jersey cards cards with a passion and still lesser hate, bat, shoe, base, etc "relic" cards.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

LOL. Agreed...though I'd rather the jersey of a star than the auto of the never-will-be which is what I seem to hit more often than not.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

I believe there’s only 19 different rookie autographs

• Options

Wow, had 5 boxes in my shopping cart...had to run to work to get a flu shot. Just went to do the checkout and they are now out of stock.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

700 base cards (based on the Topps base series 1 and series 2) and 19 different autos. Autos also have green (#/50), orange (#/25), red (#/10), and superfractor (#/1). Base have red sapphire (#/10) and superfractor (#/1).

I think I'll pass on this one. I mostly collect sets and this one would hurt the wallet.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black