Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Finding an eBay buyer

I know it's a long shot but figured I'd ask.

Has anyone found a way to figure out what a buyers full username is based off of the anonymized eBay name? Even if it takes a lot of leg work or dabbling in some dark art I'd like to hear it. If you don't feel comfortable disclosing your method here feel free to PM me and I won't share it publicly.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin

Comments

• GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2018 2:11PM

If the eBay seller is an auction house (PWCC), they often times will make an offer on your behalf to the buyer for a fee. If it’s just a regular seller, I’m not sure if there would be a way.

• initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Can you cross feedback left by buyer and/or seller to the item, that's if either left any

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think eBay disabled the APIs that watchcount.com and others were using to aggregate enough data to determine it. The only method I've found, if it's a PSA card, is correlating with the registry when it's added to a set or see if it's any of your previous buyers by matching feedback numbers on similar items you've sold in the past (same player/team/set). There's several people that I'm frequently bidding against on niche items and can identify them all by their anonymized bidder handles.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

One last thing to try, search 'New pickups' threads on every card forum and Facebook group you can find. They may use the same username between eBay and forums or you could get their full info.

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have an idea who it might be you can attempt to match up feedback scores, but obviously that doesn’t work if you’re starting from scratch.