Home Sports Talk

Let's go DODGERS

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 20, 2018 8:45PM in Sports Talk

<3 Let's take care of business this year.....

B)

Comments

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's GO all THE WAY this time B)

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be a very good WS!

@DIMEMAN said:
    Should be a very good WS!

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the sports forum, PF.

It is sort of like Hotel California.

edited October 20, 2018 9:58PM

....and let me check in then Eagles B)

@Coinstartled said:

edited October 20, 2018 10:20PM

o:) "This could be Heaven or this could be Hell' >:)
    *Hotel California lyric .....

This place is like the island that folks talk about but never go to.

o:)

Well ..... I am here >:)

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Go Red Sox !!! :):):)

@1970s said:
    Welcome "new kid in town". Against the Red Sox you can't have that "peaceful easy feeling".
    I hope you guys "take it to the limit", but I don't have "lyin' eyes", and I think your hopes are
    "already gone". Therefore, after the Red Sox win this world series, I hope you can find a
    "Tequila sunrise".

Wow........very good pundits on some very good Eagle songs. :) One of the best groups EVER!

This place is like the island that folks talk about but never go to.

o:) > @1970s said:

Welcome "new kid in town". Against the Red Sox you can't have that "peaceful easy feeling".
    I hope you guys "take it to the limit", but I don't have "lyin' eyes", and I think your hopes are
    "already gone". Therefore, after the Red Sox win this world series, I hope you can find a
    "Tequila sunrise".

Very very good.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

But without the girls. :|

Except for the great Sandy Koufax, I can't stand the Dodgers. I can't stand the Lakers even more, especially with LeBron now on their team. And most of those in Hollywood make me want to puke.

Other than that...welcome to Sports Talk. ;)

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:
    "Tequila sunrise".

Weird, I was flipping channels last night and watched a scene from 'Sweet bird of youth' and
    Paul Newman said he was feeling kind of peaceful and easy, and started wondering if that's
    where the Eagles picked up that phrase.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Will be a great series, but I’m going with the Sox (better lineup)

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Except for the great Sandy Koufax, I can't stand the Dodgers. I can't stand the Lakers even more, especially with LeBron now on their team. And most of those in Hollywood make me want to puke.

In all seriousness why is that? My wife and I were just talking about this phenomenon this morning. I said I thought it was mostly a strong feeling NorCal due to the strong envy for the great weather and great sports teams in So Cal. Maybe the hatred extends beyond NorCal!? Curious why?

edited October 21, 2018 12:51PM

Don't Hate ..... Just Love no matter how much you disagree in live ;)<3

@larryallen73 said:

@stevek said:

In all seriousness why is that? My wife and I were just talking about this phenomenon this morning. I said I thought it was mostly a strong feeling NorCal due to the strong envy for the great weather and great sports teams in So Cal. Maybe the hatred extends beyond NorCal!? Curious why?

For me with the Dodgers, it started with Tommy Lasorda and his constant non-stop "Dodger blue" rants. Enough already. It exemplified an arrogance and pompous attitude of fans in that area. Which is ironic because LA fans are by far the most fair weather sports fans out there, and I don't think any other major city is even close.

As for the Lakers, it mostly started with them beating the Sixers with that Allen Iverson team. The Lakers were prohibitive favorites, no way they could lose that series, and yet they celebrated as if they hadn't won a championship in fifty years. It was over the top and showed no class. I didn't particularly like the Lakers before that anyway for other reasons.

And to complete the "hate" is the whole Hollywood mentality that they are superior to everyone else, just because they can contort their facial expressions to act on a movie screen.

I'm not a Boston fan by any means, but I hope the Red Sox stomp them in the World Series.

:#

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, a Hawaiian resident who's not a Giants fan! How refreshing... when I moved from the LA area to Honolulu in the sixth grade, I was horrified to find very few Dodger fans there.

Boston looks tough this year, but it will be fun to see the Boys in Blue play in Fenway.

Go Dodgers!

It's OK PF......Steve is a mean ole man....we luv you here on the Sports Forum. :)<3o:)

@stevek said:

@larryallen73 said:

@stevek said:

For me with the Dodgers, it started with Tommy Lasorda and his constant non-stop "Dodger blue" rants. Enough already. It exemplified an arrogance and pompous attitude of fans in that area. Which is ironic because LA fans are by far the most fair weather sports fans out there, and I don't think any other major city is even close.

As for the Lakers, it mostly started with them beating the Sixers with that Allen Iverson team. The Lakers were prohibitive favorites, no way they could lose that series, and yet they celebrated as if they hadn't won a championship in fifty years. It was over the top and showed no class. I didn't particularly like the Lakers before that anyway for other reasons.

And to complete the "hate" is the whole Hollywood mentality that they are superior to everyone else, just because they can contort their facial expressions to act on a movie screen.

I'm not a Boston fan by any means, but I hope the Red Sox stomp them in the World Series.

As an og from LA I agree the fans are the worst. Dodgers still lead the league in attendance most years but a lot of empty seats in those "attendance" numbers.

Interesting to hear your perspective.

Go Dodger blue!

@larryallen73 said:

@stevek said:

@larryallen73 said:

@stevek said:

As an og from LA I agree the fans are the worst. Dodgers still lead the league in attendance most years but a lot of empty seats in those "attendance" numbers.

Go Dodger blue!

It is what it is. In all fairness to the folks in LA, there is a lot to do out there, with the sunny weather, beach nearby, etc. So naturally there might be less interest in professional sports.

My uncle moved to the LA area, about a half mile from the beach, around twenty years ago for business reasons. He doesn't have to be there now, but he stays there because he calls it "paradise" and says he will never move back to Philly. So I think i understand their mentality a little bit.

Doesn't mean i have to like it. ;)

BTW: I don't fathom the Dodgers moving back to New York anytime soon. LOL

@stevek said:

@larryallen73 said:

@stevek said:

@larryallen73 said:

@stevek said:

Go Dodger blue!

It is what it is. In all fairness to the folks in LA, there is a lot to do out there, with the sunny weather, beach nearby, etc. So naturally there might be less interest in professional sports.

My uncle moved to the LA area, about a half mile from the beach, around twenty years ago for business reasons. He doesn't have to be there now, but he stays there because he calls it "paradise" and says he will never move back to Philly. So I think i understand their mentality a little bit.

I hear ya. There are a lot of things people don't like about Cali but when it's 75 on January 10th... and again 75 on July 10th Cali, and especially So Cal, is pretty darn nice and other problems can be forgiven.

edited October 21, 2018 6:25PM

Lost the fan bug in the early 1990's when the Tigers canned Ernie Harwell. Probably too late in life I realized that it ain't our team, it is their team. I sort of envy the folks that can still play pretend and cheer on their guys.

And don't forget...Santa Claus will arrive in 65 more days, so be good!

;)

@larryallen73 said:

@stevek said:

@larryallen73 said:

@stevek said:

@larryallen73 said:

@stevek said:

Go Dodger blue!

I hear ya. There are a lot of things people don't like about Cali but when it's 75 on January 10th... and again 75 on July 10th Cali, and especially So Cal, is pretty darn nice and other problems can be forgiven.

Couple pics from near my Uncle's house. Pics taken October 2017. Tough not to like.

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be a very fun series to watch. Born and raised in Massachusetts, life long fan.
    Go Sox!!!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.

Hard to watch all 5 games. A LONG 5. Last year was much more enjoyable even though we didn't win then either. On to next season! Go Blue!

@larryallen73 said:
    Hard to watch all 5 games. A LONG 5. Last year was much more enjoyable even though we didn't win then either. On to next season! Go Blue!

Looked to me like the ex-Cardinal Freeze was your best player. And Machado was pathetic! I don't see them going anywhere next year.

@DIMEMAN said:

@larryallen73 said:

Looked to me like the ex-Cardinal Freeze was your best player. And Machado was pathetic! I don't see them going anywhere next year.

Totally. We loved Freese. Clutch and professional. Totally the guy you want on your roster. Machado was the opposite in all regards and basically a complete embarrassment. I would re-think my Dodger fandom if they signed him to a long term deal. I would be shocked if that happened.