Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

MLB players can enjoy vintage cards while at work

countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Royals season ticket holder, during the off-season renewal process, I recently had the opportunity to take a self guided tour of areas of the stadium that the club makes available. I've been in the Royals clubhouse many times over the years during this event, but this was the first time that they had ever made the visitor's clubhouse open to the tour. It appeared that they had just shampooed the carpet, as all of the chairs and couches and tables had been stacked in the shower. The neatest thing that I wanted to share, was some of the roughly 100 Topps baseball card wall art reproductions that they had hanging in the hallways, above the lockers, and in the coaches and manager's offices on the visitor's side. I know the players likely don't give a crap, but I'd like to think if the players have any sense of baseball history, it would give them chills to see Mantle, Aaron, Ryan, Bench, Brett, etc, as they get dressed and head out to the field. I didn't take photos of everything, but here's a few. Enjoy.

In case your curious what the shower looked like with everything crammed in...

Comments